Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Will I have to have another c-section?

Will I have to have another c-section? Rss

I had an emergency c-section in April this year after a 20 hour labour, and my daughter ended up stillborn. I am 20 weeks pregnant now and I want to know, will i have to have another c-section. I kind of don't want to go through a natural birth again and I am classed as high risk because of my last pregnancy and how it ended.
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.
Because you have had a previous c-section, if you WANT another one, the choice is yours.
I'm in a very similar position. Our baby girl was stillborn in March of this year and because of her size I had to have an emergency c-section. We are now 22 weeks pregnant and are seeing our OB after next week to discuss our options. We are going to request a c-section for a number of reasons- this is a high risk pregnancy, its such a short time since our last c-section and our baby will arrive a few weeks early due to complications last time and they are concerned about an induction.

I had a friend of mine recently who had a c-section with her first and was pushed to try for a natural delivery with her second which she wasn't totally comfortable with. After being 14 days overdue they induced her and her labor wasn't progressing so they performed an emergency c-section. This was done just in time as her uterine scar had started splitting and was about to rupture. Her advice to me was go with your gut feeling and if your not comfortable with something don't to do.

I wish you the very best of luck smile
hi, i had an emergency c-section 7 yrs ago with my 3rd son due to going into early labour with him and he was in a breech position and in distressed..he was born 10weeks early.. im now 27weeks 4 days pregnant with my 4th son and i have chosen to have him natural..but if i am told that i require a c-section, well that is what i will chose.but i guess every situation is different and its a decision you have to make with your husband/partner and what feels right for you.. at the end of the day,,it all comes down to the health and wellbeing of you and the baby and what is the safest option.. c-section or vaginal delivery..there is risks with both choices..
Sign in to follow this topic