1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. C Section over Natural Birth????

C Section over Natural Birth???? Rss

Athaye wrote:
V_1990 wrote:
Lol your the same size as me tongue and they said that about DS cos he was soooo big for a prem! N with DD being quite large for my small frame they said I must just grow big babies (for me) - cant be helped I guess tongue
Yeah, for my size I apparently grow big babies too. My other 2 kids were, 7lb15.5oz (she looked so tiny compared to DS) and 8lb8oz. So glad I didn't follow the "subsequent babies are bigger" trend!

My sister had a 6lb11oz baby this year - I was too scared to hold her because she was so tiny grin

Yeah I know what u mean! My cousins biggest wasn't even 7pd and her others were only 5-6pd each!! Soooo little! grin
In some ways I'll say I'm glad this ones another elective csection - cos unless by some MIRACLE he was less than 7.5pd then he wouldnt be exiting via my pelvis!! And my OB is predicting a bigger 8pd+ baby already before my growth scans lol! Eek especially with my Diabetes being such a pain this time - sheesh DS was huge With pretty stable BSLs n non insulin dependence... Sooo with my BSLs being so high n on such high insulin levels for so long til now they think I'm Gonna bake a monster tongue
We'll see!! Lol.
I wouldn't know what to do with a little bubba tongue

Athaye wrote:
My biggest baby was 9lb2oz, I'm 157cm tall and before pregnant with him I was 55kg. I had him by em c-section, and the doc and nurses said they couldn't believe such a big baby came out of me!

SNAP smile
DS (my first born) was 9pd 1 (4.2 kg) and I am exactly the same size as you Athaye -157cm and 55kg (pre-baby) lol. I laboured for 30 hours and then ended up with an emergency c section

based on that and some other issues DD1 ( my 2nd bub) I went with an elective c-section and then
DD2 (bub #3) I had placenta previa so a c-section was the only option anyway.

to the OP - congrats on your VBAC and your beautiful little girl. smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I'd love a 7lb baby! If only!!!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

jazool wrote:
SNAP smile
DS (my first born) was 9pd 1 (4.2 kg) and I am exactly the same size as you Athaye -157cm and 55kg (pre-baby) lol. I laboured for 30 hours and then ended up with an emergency c section

Hehe - how freaky! I laboured for 34hrs before they said I'd be having an em c-section laugh

And sorry to the op - I forgot to say congratulations on your vbac. grin
I had 2 vbac's after my c-section, it was the best feeling in the world!
Athaye wrote:
jazool wrote:
SNAP smile

Hehe - how freaky! I laboured for 34hrs before they said I'd be having an em c-section laugh

And sorry to the op - I forgot to say congratulations on your vbac. grin
I had 2 vbac's after my c-section, it was the best feeling in the world!

yeh - i do wish i got to experience that emotional high afterwards that I hear so nuch about. good on you for 2 VBAC's

that said, I dont miss any of the labour pain and elective c-section recovery is sooo much easier as your body is not worn out, plus the thrill of a brand new bub skin to skin - I could almost (NOT) make myself clucky again lol

I've just sent you a "follow request" Jazool - I've noticed more similarities!
Athaye wrote:
I've just sent you a "follow request" Jazool - I've noticed more similarities!

Done smile now i'm intrigued

Sign in to follow this topic