Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

pain after emergency cesarean Lock Rss

So after much wonderful advice from mums on here I sought help from my gp while taking my son to get his four month needles. I told her that I'd been in hospital a week ago due to severe flu symptoms. I was advised to talk to her about the pain I was feeling so I made the appointment. I showed her my scar which I healed fine. I showed her where I have pain and across the top of my belly button which feels swollen and lumpy. I'm worried about infection. She said she thinks its acceptable. I do not. So I'm looking to change doctors and I'm wondering where I should get a second opinion? Even though the scar has healed without infection at the location of the incision, the pain in my upper stomach feels really fresh and tender still after four months. Who else looks at this sort of thing? And has anyone felt something the same? My gp's answer for everything is lose weight which I have even though I'm still going til I reach my goal weight. Its hard to keep really active with the constant pain
Could it possibly be that your tummy muscles havent come back together yet? During pregnancy your tummy muscles come apart (totally normal) and it can take abit of time for them to come back together. Sometimes they dont completely. I found it worse after my cs than my natural birth. I would go & see a physio if you think this could be the case.

Also if you're not happy with your GP's advice, find a different GP.
Gabby23 wrote:
So after much wonderful advice from mums on here I sought help from my gp while taking my son to get his four month needles. I told her that I'd been in hospital a week ago due to severe flu symptoms. I was advised to talk to her about the pain I was feeling so I made the appointment. I showed her my scar which I healed fine. I showed her where I have pain and across the top of my belly button which feels swollen and lumpy. I'm worried about infection. She said she thinks its acceptable. I do not. So I'm looking to change doctors and I'm wondering where I should get a second opinion? Even though the scar has healed without infection at the location of the incision, the pain in my upper stomach feels really fresh and tender still after four months. Who else looks at this sort of thing? And has anyone felt something the same? My gp's answer for everything is lose weight which I have even though I'm still going til I reach my goal weight. Its hard to keep really active with the constant pain

Boy do I understand what you are going through and I had to change doctors too as sometimes you do. My new fantastic doctor found out that the pain above my scar was where they took the baby out and where the internal stitches were, causing nerve damage hence it hurting to sit up in the morning and move around. Walking is okay but running? forget it? and as for swimming well slow granny style breast stroke is okay but not overarm and I cannot go to the gym until six months PP so yeah it sounds you have a similar problem to me only I do not have the pain up top but I did have a bulge that was misdiagnosed by my midwife as that Diastis recti thing but after my first period came back, it shrank lol
change doctors and get a second opinion grin muscle relaxers are good if that is what the pain is

Most of the pain starts around where my ribs end. It definately feels like muscle pain. Also, its kind of hard to describe but right above my belly button in a semi circle shape around the top of it is puffy and swollen and tender to touch. I'm also on a new eating plan to lose weight as this probably is also a factor. I have another appointment with my new gp next Tuesday. Hoping it is nothing to worry about but do need the piece of mind. I don't want to leave it and find out something is wrong and I've left it too long.
Sign in to follow this topic