Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. When will they book me in this time?

When will they book me in this time? Rss

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how close to your due date in a public hospital do they book you for an elective c-section? And approx how long was a maximum stay? Do they discharge on a weekend?

Pregnant with #3 but my last 2 c-sects were done in private, 1st 10 days before EDD but was sort of an emergency induction (I chose c-sect over natural for personal reasons) and 2nd was 8 days before EDD due to 10 days falling on a saturday, each stay was 6 days long.

Going public this time and the hospital is being very scarce with any antenatal/postnatal details and I don't have another appointment with the the OB at the hospital until 36 weeks (12 weeks away) so can't plan a thing. VBA2C was completely dismissed and fill in OB at my last app. said since I've never gone into labour before there is "no chance" of it happening this time (ugh I hate doctors).

Any info would be much appreciated smile

I'm going thru public and got my c-section booked when I was 29 weeks. Have anti natal appoints every 3 weeks since 22 weeks. This is my 4th preg and section. Will be having baby 11 days before EDD

Hi Kazza02, I am also going public and was booked in for my c/section at 36 weeks. At my hospital you stay for three nights after the operation and then all being well you can go home- whatever day of the week it ends up being. Since 30 weeks my ante-natal appointments have been every two weeks to see the midwives and the booking in appt. was with the obstetrician. He has booked my c/s for 10 days before my due date- so late in my 38th week- as i went at that time with my son and he doesnt want me to have to have an emergency c/s. Hopefully bubs waits til then!! Good luck x
I've had 2 & this will be my 3rd. All in public hospital.
#1 was emergency at 35 weeks due to multiple hemmoraging throughout pregnancy. I stayed in for 5 days.

#2 was booked in from about 16 weeks due to previous damage by first bubs. I wasn't allowed to go past 37 weeks to make sure bubs didn't get engaged, (but she did & got stuck etc...) I chose to go home 4 days later.

#3 will be done at 36 weeks this time because ob/gyn realised last time 37 weeks was too late lol...

Sign in to follow this topic