Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bleeding after c-section Lock Rss

Hi everyone
I went into early labour at 35 weeks and had to have an emergency c-section as my placenta ruptured. Unfortunately my beautiful little girl was stillborn.

That was 7 weeks ago and since then i have been bleeding on and off. I bled for 2 weeks straight after the c-section, stopped for a week, bled again for a week, stopped for a week and now i'm bleeding again and its now been going for over a week. The second time i ended up in hospital because it was so heavy. They did an ultrasound and found what they thought was some left over placenta but the doctor dismissed it and said it was just my period. Its now at the point where the bleeding is so heavy and so constant that i'm feeling sick, i have headaches constantly (i got my eyes tested and fitted for new glasses so i know its not my eyes) and just generally feeling run down.

I have an appointment with my surgeon who did my c-section today, but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the outcome was.
Kirstieandmiranda wrote:
Hi everyone
I went into early labour at 35 weeks and had to have an emergency c-section as my placenta ruptured. Unfortunately my beautiful little girl was stillborn.

That was 7 weeks ago and since then i have been bleeding on and off. I bled for 2 weeks straight after the c-section, stopped for a week, bled again for a week, stopped for a week and now i'm bleeding again and its now been going for over a week. The second time i ended up in hospital because it was so heavy. They did an ultrasound and found what they thought was some left over placenta but the doctor dismissed it and said it was just my period. Its now at the point where the bleeding is so heavy and so constant that i'm feeling sick, i have headaches constantly (i got my eyes tested and fitted for new glasses so i know its not my eyes) and just generally feeling run down.

I have an appointment with my surgeon who did my c-section today, but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the outcome was.

Firstly im sooo sorry for your loss! I cant imagine what you and your family are feeling xoxo
Both my children were born C-Section, first emergency at full term and 2nd was an elective but as I went into labour ealry was classed as emergency.
Anyway I cant say iv had bleeding like that! After the first c-section I did bleed alot and on n off for a while, at time was REALLy heavy but not to the point where id feel sick!
Sorry not much help! Glad your going to see your doc/surgeon!
Hope they find out why its happening and fix it!

Frist so sorry for your loss, Must be a dificult time.

I have had two csections. Once at 38 weeks and one at 34 with the twins. Both times I bled like a period for about two weeks then it all calmed down and was just a pain for about another 3 weeks. Everyone is different. To have it that heavy sounds strange but it could be your period coming back. Pleased to hear that you are going back to see your doctor today. They should be able to tell you more. Good luck let us know how you go.

SO i saw my surgeon today and she said the bleeding is caused by an infection. Im on antibiotics and it should settle down soon. thank goodness
Sign in to follow this topic