Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Tips for a stress cadet Lock Rss

Hi, I'm currently 22 wks and have in the last couple of days started majorly stressing. Last year I had a miscarriage at 9 wks, so when I did get pregnant again, I was very stressed and anxious for the first trimester. However once I had passed about 13wks I seemed to calm down and not stress anymore. However recently I have been reminded that people still lose their babies all throughout pregnancy and so now I have become a stress cadet again. Is this all hormones and mood stuff related to being pregnant? How do I overcome this as I don't want to be a major stress cadet until it arrives. I have also just finished up at my job so I am home a lot which gives me more time to stress and worry. Does anyone have any hints for me as to how you get through your pregnancy after losing the first one?
im sorry to hear of your m/c and i know how you feel, when i got to about 22 23 weeks with ds#1 i was freaking, i had had a m/c at 10+ weeks with my first pregnancy so when i didnt feel bub moving much one day around 23 weeks i was so stressed out i even called the midwives. im sorry to say it only gets worse as time goes on. but try not to stress too much,its hard i know but just try to enjoy it. and congrats on the bub.
Thanks heaps for your advice. It is good to know that I am not the only person who stresses and worries. I guess the good news is that I am over half way there, so hopefully the next 18 wks will go quickly. Thanks
You know that serenity prayer... it says something about changing the things we can change, and having the courage to accept what we can't... I'll have to try and find the whole poem/prayer.... I think its a lot like that.

If something does turn to crap, then I will at least know that I've done everything I possibly can to help my baby survive.

One baby step at a time... and vent when you need to!

When your mind starts to wander, try doing something positive for yourself or bub. Take a bath, do something in the nursery, read a book etc. Try not to think about what can go wrong, but about the wonderful joy that is about to come into your lives.

Comfort yourself in the fact that what you are feeling is totally normal. I tend to relax after about 24 / 25 weeks pregnant as if bub was born, medical intervention means the bub has a good chance of survival. Not sure if this is a positive or negative thought but it helped me.

alphabits.com.au scrapbooking - ask me about it ..

Thanks so much. I will keep trying to do something positive. I think I also have to stop reading stories from women who have had terrible things go wrong.
Thanks so much for all your tips and I hope that things continue to go well for you both in the rest of your pregnancies. Not long to go!
Sign in to follow this topic