Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. How long did it take for your period to return after miscarriage?

How long did it take for your period to return after miscarriage? Lock Rss

Hey ladies,

I'm almost 4 months post ERPOC @ 12weeks and still haven't had a period - Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take your period to return after a miscarriage?
Mine returned within about 6 weeks of the ERPOC, which is what I was told was about 'normal', but then everyone is different so. I would take a visit to your doctor, and have them run a blood test to check hcg, sometimes they don't always successfully manage to catch all the material in there, if you know what I mean. Better to get it checked out, than to wait.
I had a D&C when I had a miscarriage and my period returned about 30 days later.

I would be making a visit with my GP to find out what is happening. They should do a blood terst to check HGC levels.

Good luck I hope that everything is okay.

Thanks for replying. I have rung my gp and I can go visit but there is nothing they can do. It's just a matter of waiting - if I reach six months without it returning he may refer me too a OBGYN.
NZkmt wrote:
Thanks for replying. I have rung my gp and I can go visit but there is nothing they can do. It's just a matter of waiting - if I reach six months without it returning he may refer me too a OBGYN.

They can do a blood test to see if your HCG have gone back to zero. If they have not you won't get a period as your body thinks your still pregnant and there could still be left over product in your uterus that will stop your level going back to normal and could create an infection.

I would be getting a second opinion if I was you.

Good luck.

I have booked in to see a Gyny - the soonest they can do is the 29th. But if I do a sensitive pregnancy test; that should tell me if I have left over hormones.
NZkmt wrote:
I have booked in to see a Gyny - the soonest they can do is the 29th. But if I do a sensitive pregnancy test; that should tell me if I have left over hormones.

Yes by doing a test it will show up but only if they are over the limit on the test. You have done the right thing by making an appointment to get it all sorted. It will at least put your mind a rest even though you have a while to wait. When you had the ERPOC did they send everything away for testing? When I had a d&c with my miscarriage everything was sent away for testing and I had to go back for a follow up visit to get result and ask any questions etc that I had. Have you had a follow up visit?

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Hey, I did a test and nothing showed up. I have actually stopped feeling like I'm going to get a period all together. Odd. And yes they did send away a sample and get it tested. Came back all clear. I have always been so regular and now nothing. Its making it very hard to move on from my miscarriage. It was my first ever pregnancy too, so I have nothing to compare it too.
NZkmt wrote:
Hey, I did a test and nothing showed up. I have actually stopped feeling like I'm going to get a period all together. Odd. And yes they did send away a sample and get it tested. Came back all clear. I have always been so regular and now nothing. Its making it very hard to move on from my miscarriage. It was my first ever pregnancy too, so I have nothing to compare it too.

Sorry to hear that things have not returned to normal. When you got your test results back did you ask them about your period returning? At least you have your appointment on the 29th that's not too far away and hope that you get some answers then.

Just be aware that you could fall pregnant again before you get your next period as after you miscarry you can be very fertile. So if that's not what you want make sure you are protecting yourself.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I had a Dr app this week - i was meant too see a OBGYN but she ended up calling in sick, so the rebooked me last minute with a GP. I explained about not having a period and she googled miscarriage in front of me...then said that it can take months for a regular cycle to return. But the problem is I haven't even had one cycle! I asked her to proscribe Provera and she did. So I'm taking it for 5 day and then I should get a period. I am struggling to move on from my miscarriage, my body doesn't seem to work!
NZkmt wrote:
I had a Dr app this week - i was meant too see a OBGYN but she ended up calling in sick, so the rebooked me last minute with a GP. I explained about not having a period and she googled miscarriage in front of me...then said that it can take months for a regular cycle to return. But the problem is I haven't even had one cycle! I asked her to proscribe Provera and she did. So I'm taking it for 5 day and then I should get a period. I am struggling to move on from my miscarriage, my body doesn't seem to work!

Sorry to hear that you didn't get any answers.

Sorry but a doctor googling to get answers????? I'm sure you have already done that yourself. Would not give me any confidence at all. Sorry I have no experience with Provera. I hope that it sorts out your problem and you get back to a regular period so you can move one.

Good luck. Let us know how things go.

Sign in to follow this topic