Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Missed Miscarriage...... Could they have got it wrong? Not coping very well.

Missed Miscarriage...... Could they have got it wrong? Not coping very well. Lock Rss

Good morning all,
The joys of google searching brought me here to ask some questions.
Last Friday hubby and I went for our nuchal scan at 12 1/2 weeks. The day before I had my first midwife appointment. (which I guess makes it all even sadder)
I had a scan at 6 1/2 weeks and I saw the heartbeat and bubs was all ok.
I was looking forward having hubby with me at this scan, to show him our little baby. The sonographer said straight away she wasn't getting any good pictures. (which was odd, as I got awesome pics at the same place at 6wks) She asked permission to do an internal scan and to empty my bladder. When I got up she said I'm very worried the baby isn't moving much. During the internal she wouldn't show us the screen. Then after a few minutes, said I'm very sorry, no heartbeat can be found and bubs is only measuring at 10 weeks 6 days. She also said bubs didn't look right.
Sent me off to my GP.
Saw my GP and as I had a mild fever she wrote me a letter and sent me to emergency. The hospital sent me back home, and put me on category 1 for an outpatient curette hopefully within a week.
I cannot believe I have a sleeping baby inside me. No symptoms whatsoever. I guess, now looking back I wondered why my morning sickness stopped, but was re-assured this was because I was over the 10 week mark.

Now to my question...... since googling this morning, I've read sonographers have got it wrong before. Could they have made a mistake?
Sorry for your loss, its not the nicest thing to go through. I don't think the Sonographer would have said anything if she wasn't 100% sure. Hopefully your body passes it naturally or you don't have to wait long for the hospital. Good luck for the future

Thank you for your comment. But God no, I do not want to miscarry naturally. I would have to go back anyway for a D&C (as over 10 weeks) and do not want to bleed for weeks sad
I found out at our 12 wk scan that we also has a MMC, baby stopped at 6weeks. I opted for the D&C, it was emotionally hard but physically the best option and felt like we had a little more control of the situation.
I'm so sorry. I know your pain. Still carrying a sleeping baby inside me now is just too much. I don't want to wait and miscarry naturally at this stage of a pregnancy. I've heard and read some horror stories. The gyno at the hospital said if I bleed to come in to emergency as the chances of product being retained is very high.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been where you are now and it's not great. The sonographers are very skilled in what they do. When you went to the emergency did they do another scan? You could ask for anther scan if you really wanted to. I hope that the hospital ring you really soon and you get everything sorted. I was lucky I was private and was in the next day.

Good luck.

Thank you. No, I didn't have another scan. I finally got the call yesterday, and I go in tomorrow sad
Kandyandkane wrote:
Thank you. No, I didn't have another scan. I finally got the call yesterday, and I go in tomorrow sad

Take it easy today. Good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Sign in to follow this topic