Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. (Blighted Ovum) Has anyone fallen pregnant and found they were having another?

(Blighted Ovum) Has anyone fallen pregnant and found they were having another? Lock Rss

Hi all,

In March this year I was told by our sonographer that he couldn't see a baby, sac or placenta in my womb. We were diagnosed with a Blighted Ovum which resulted in having a DNC at 12weeks in May this year. Its taken us seven months to fall pregnant again although I do feel pregnant this time (last time I knew something wasn't right), this would be my fifth pregnancy but with only two living healthy boys. My question is has anyone had a blighted ovum and find out when they eventually conceived that they were having another one? How common is it to have consecutive blighted ovums?

I had a blighted ovum afew years back and have just found out I have another. Not sure the chances of it happening again when you have just had one.
Hi WillowGirl,

That must be so hard sad In between the two blighted ovums did you have a child at all? Or did you stop trying altogether until recently? With this pregnancy I don't get to have an ultrasound until 12weeks where as the last one I had a early scan and several scans after to make sure it was a blighted ovum.

How common is it to have consecutive blighted ovums?

Forever, for always and no matter what - www.toptenreviewsratings.com

I had a blighted ovum and then fell pregnant two cycles later with my DD2. I was told age may have been a factor as I was 38 at the time, although I had had another couple of miscarriages previously as well for other reasons. I was told 'it was just one of those things that happens every now and then' and to try and conceive again as soon as I was ready, it was never mentioned to me that it was likely it would happen again.

Congratulations on this pregnancy and good luck.

I had 3 children then had the blighted ovum after a d and c it took about 6 mths to fall with my fourth son who is now 4. Had my daughter who is 14 mths. TTC for 2 mths then found out at my dating scan that I was behind over week in dates so I knew something was wrong. Went back for my second scan and had it confirmed. Going to hospital this Thursday for final scan then d and c unless I lose the pregnancy by then. Im glad I found out now rather then later though. Was a shock as I hadn't even thought about it happening a second time. Im going to wait one cycle to get my af back then we have decided to try after that.
I also had a blighted ovum last year in july, I recently found out the we are pregnant again and I also worry about this happening again. Iam going to doctors this Tuesday and I'm going to request an early scan as I have a history of miscarriage. I am trying to think positive but its always in the back of my mind. hopefully we will have better luck this time round smile
Mellav99 wrote:
I also had a blighted ovum last year in july, I recently found out the we are pregnant again and I also worry about this happening again. Iam going to doctors this Tuesday and I'm going to request an early scan as I have a history of miscarriage. I am trying to think positive but its always in the back of my mind. hopefully we will have better luck this time round smile

So do I :/ I hope it all goes well for you, my doc wouldn't give me an early scan sad he said if we did any early scan and nothing shows than we do it again and again it could become expensive I don't get to have my scan until Feb 17th. I had one boy than a miscarriage at 16weeks another boy than had a blighted ovum last year its taken us 7months to fall pregnant again and now im hoping ill be ok this time. Please let us know how you go

WillowGirl wrote:
I had 3 children then had the blighted ovum after a d and c it took about 6 mths to fall with my fourth son who is now 4. Had my daughter who is 14 mths. TTC for 2 mths then found out at my dating scan that I was behind over week in dates so I knew something was wrong. Went back for my second scan and had it confirmed. Going to hospital this Thursday for final scan then d and c unless I lose the pregnancy by then. Im glad I found out now rather then later though. Was a shock as I hadn't even thought about it happening a second time. Im going to wait one cycle to get my af back then we have decided to try after that.

Let us know how you go WillowGirl you must be so devastated sad I cant believe these things can happen you sound like a strong lady all the best x

Sign in to follow this topic