Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Pregnancy of Unknown Origin :(

Pregnancy of Unknown Origin :( Lock Rss

Feeling a little numb tonight... I am currently 5 weeks pregnant with #2, and have been having some intermittent shoulder tip pain (but no other pain) over the last 2 days, and started spotting this afternoon sad

Was rushed in for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy (results were inconclusive as it's still early), had a beta HCG blood test (get the results Wednesday), so have been diagnosed with a 'pregnancy of unknown origin' / threatened miscarriage sad sad

Since coming home the bleeding has become heavier and I don't know what to feel ...

It's not fair sad

Awww. I'm really sorry, that has got to be hard.

I don't know what pregnancy of unknown origin means but just wanted to say I had a threatened miscarriage with my first child and bled for two weeks- I was devastated and petrified but didn't miscarry. I really hope this is the case for you too...all the best.

im really sorry to hear this. hope everything turns out fine. hugs. xxx

TallulahBelle wrote:
I don't know what pregnancy of unknown origin means but just wanted to say I had a threatened miscarriage with my first child and bled for two weeks- I was devastated and petrified but didn't miscarry. I really hope this is the case for you too...all the best.

It basically means that they can't rule out an ectopic as it's too early to see anything yet. They know I'm pregnant, but are unsure as to whether the egg has implanted in my uterus where it should have. I haven't had much pain/cramping, but have had more bleeding overnight sad

I have to have another scan on Monday (depending on Beta HCG results today)... I just hate that I let myself get excited sad

Thanks for all your kind words ladies. It means alot...

Not good news :'(

So unfortunately my blood results weren't good sad My HCG has dropped dramatically from last week and the bleeding is horrendous sad

I just don't understand why? I mean I know there is no rhyme or reason behind these things, they can just happen, but it's not fair.

This is the second time this has happened to me and I don't know if I can handle the whole ttc journey again and the pang of disappointment if something bad does happen. I am absolutely heartbroken sad

I am thankful for the son that I do have, and grateful that we managed to fall pregnant naturally, but I really wanted this baby... you know. It took us 6 months to get pregnant, and within a few days, it's all over.

It's not fair... sad

TallulahBelle wrote:

i had the same thing happen with my first, bled for about 2 weeks and thought i was going to lose her.
its so horrible when they cant tell you wats goin on. hope things work out for you and it all goes ok <3

Sorry to hear your story, it sounds just like mine.

After 6 months of trying I was so excited to find out I was pregnant. When I started to bleed I was so scared and when the doc told me that my hormone levels had dropped so low I was devistated,

I am scared to try again, but I'm sure we will get there, it is just going to take time.

I have been off work for a few days and I am not looking forward to going back and people asking why I was not there. Not sure if I'm ready for the questions.

Hang in there, I know it is hard right now, I am feeling it too.

Hope you get good news and try to relax, you need to help yourself by keeping calm.

xxxx
Hi there,

I'm so sorry for your loss..It's heartbreaking when you have tried for a while and then have this happen. I had a miscarriage in between DD and DS and it was awful. I was devestated and decided for myself that I wanted to see a gynaecologist to get myself checked out and make sure there was no underlying cause. My gp who is female didn't think I needed to get checked out so I took myself to another gp and got a referral. Low and behold my thyroid levels were really low and most likely caused the miscarriage. Thanks to her I was referred to an endocrinologist who put me on medication and I went on to have my little boy. I think it's a good idea to get checked out.

The other thing was I was very extremely nervous when I was pregnant with my son as I was petrified that it would happen again. But I had fantastic support and saw a psychologist who helped immensly. I understand people deal with things differently but it always helps if you can talk about your feelings.

Great big hugs and take your time to heal.

Sign in to follow this topic