Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Blighted Ovum Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I haven't been here for ages since my georgous boy was born in February 2011.

On August 15 I found out I was pregnant again and then at 6 weeks and 3 days I had an U/S and showed no fetal pole, so a repeat U/S was done on September 1st at 8 weeks and 3 days and again no fetal pole.

On the 4th of September my my beta HCG levels reduced to 28,400 and today at 10 weeks I have started to bleed a little. I am having a little bit of period pain but very little. I emotionally prepared myself for this a couple of weeks ago but it is still not easy. I was wondering if anyone is going through or has gone through anything similar, I believe it is called a Blighted Ovum, where you have the sac and the yolk sac, but no baby.

What is happening am I going to full on start bleeding, is this the start or am I just spotting that will come and go?

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about your BO. I went through the same thing 4 years ago. Mine wasn't picked up until my 12 week scan. I only had some spotting but it didn't eventuate to full on bleeding. In the end I had a D&C a week or so later. It was such a difficult time but I ended up going on to have a little girl!

Take care. xx

Your little boy is indeed very gorgeous! : )

Thank you ola_mama......

I went to the doctor late this afternoon and he had already booked me in for an appointment at the early pregnancy centre at the hospital tomorrow, I started bleeding as soon as I came home from the doctors, what a coincident. My gp told me to go to the appointment regardless of whether I start bleeding or not so I am going to go and see what they say. Man this is shit....

How soon after your BO did you fall pregnant?

Hi. I know, it really is shit. It's such a heartbreaking thing to have to go through. It took me a year but we decided to stop trying until after we got married. I used the break from TTC to get healthy and see a Naturopath so when the time came to trying, I would be at my healthiest. But I remember reading that a lot of women are super fertile after a D&C as it cleans everything out. Good luck and all the best for your appointment tomorrow. : )

Sign in to follow this topic