Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. when did your period return after miscarriage and what was it like?

when did your period return after miscarriage and what was it like? Lock Rss

Axiom wrote:
OC1246 wrote:
No, the gp never offered to and I didn't ask as I didn't and don't feel the need for it. I had a blood test so she may have found out, but it wasn't talked about. I have errrr......a pregnancy fog - the only way I can think to describe it. lol. I could feel that dropping off gradually after the symptoms stopped suddenly. About a week and half later and I had a clear head again.

I was going to post a thread asking how you are. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were coping with the pregnancy and the gallstone stuff? Hope everything is ok and its not causing too many dramas.... Such a double whammy!
xxx
I'm "OK", I think. Haven't had any more attacks - well I think I had a minor one a few nights ago, but it wasn't too bad compared to the other ones - I just had back pain, bad enough to wake me up, so I took some panadol and went back to sleep.
I need to go and see the surgeon in about 4 weeks again. When I saw him last he basically said that, they can't do anything for the first 12 weeks, or the drugs could affect the baby. If I continue having attacks they could do laparoscopic surgery during the 2nd trimester, before bub gets too big, but it's still risky. If I remain symptom free, I could wait till the end of the pregnancy, but then I could have a major attack at e.g. 30 weeks and end up with pancreatitis - which could be life threatening. I need to go and have a blood test before I see him as well, as after my last attack I ended up with acute hepatitis. Not a great situation to be in... especially when you know the implications of what could happen... sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Pregnancy wise - this one is so different from DS. I had morning sickness for the first 2 weeks and now I have evening/night nausea and dry retching. I feel really tired and have that pregnancy fog - but it's getting better. With DS I felt fine for the first 12 weeks - had heaps of energy and no nausea.
I've been munching on crystallised ginger and drinking ginger beer - which usually helps, but sometimes I have to take maxolon when the nausea gets really bad - it makes me really sleepy though. I'm nearly 9 weeks and haven't put on any weight at all - I think with DS I was about 3kg heavier at 12 weeks. I had a dating scan at 6 &1/2 weeks and there was a heartbeat which was reassuring smile

Hope everything goes well for you smile

Wow, thats really rough. sad I have no idea what I would do in that situation and I don't think I could even begin to work it out...... I hope you have a lot of support around you to help so you can take it easy. Early pregnancy is hard enough, let alone with all that to deal with too! Thinking of you and crossing my fingers it all improves soon.
xxx
Axiom wrote:
OC1246 wrote:
Wow, thats really rough. sad I have no idea what I would do in that situation and I don't think I could even begin to work it out...... I hope you have a lot of support around you to help so you can take it easy. Early pregnancy is hard enough, let alone with all that to deal with too! Thinking of you and crossing my fingers it all improves soon.
xxx
Thanks OC. My DH is oblivious to the seriousness of my condition. I haven't told him most of this stuff because he doesn't cope very well with such things - his mum died whilst giving birth to his younger brother and it had a huge impact on his family. I haven't heard from my parents for over 2 years and my sister is probably climbing Mt. Cook again - so not much support from my family.
But I'm coping ok smile I'm one of those "keep calm and carry on" people smile
Oh no. Thats not good. Your poor dh, I can understand him having some fears around it all.
If you need help of any sort, we are here whenever you need.
xxx
Thanks RM and Kitty. smile
Hun my first period after my last miscarriage came exactly 1 month from my miscarriage. It was extremely painfull and lasted longer than usual periods. Then after that they returned to normal. For me it was harder coping with the emotional loss. I still feel so sad when i think of that precious bub but if it wasn't strong enough to grow then I wouldn't of wanted it to suffer. I hope one day I will be blessed with 1 more babe to love.
I hope you going OK GBH xxx

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

thanks for sharing that I Love My Babies.
I miscarried and have been wondering this too, started mc around 27/28th Sept and no period yet. Guess I'll just wait doc said to wait 8weeks to let me recover but honestly I felt/feel fine even physically through the whole thing was just like a light period. Emotionally it sucks heaps bad. So we have used condoms a few times and sometimes we haven't but I've been jumping up straight away and going to the loo
I had a longer than usual period(5-6 days instead of 3-4) 33 days after my miscarriage, with a bit of spotting around the middle for 4 days.

I'm starting to feel better physically, but mentally? Still a mess. And this was an early miscarriage, I was halfway through week 3 or 4... and was checking my symptoms and getting all excited, then it happened.

My body seems to be getting back to better than pre pregnancy cycles (since I have PCOS) and I think we'll be pregnant again soon. smile

Sign in to follow this topic