Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. when did your period return after miscarriage and what was it like?

when did your period return after miscarriage and what was it like? Lock Rss

I can't really remember what to expect. Experiences would be great!
Thanks IM! smile

Yeah i am doing ok thanks. I just can't remember how it went last time!
I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I Just want to send you big hugs aswell and hope your ok xx

Hi there, Thanks!

No I decided not to have the follow up u/s. I only had the first one to make sure it wasn't ectopic as I wasn't happy with the amount of localised cramping I had so early on. It was also very early on in the pregnancy - it can't have been more then 4-5 weeks. The only reason I knew I was pregnant was because the symptoms started incredibly early and very strongly. Otherwise it could have just been mistaken for a very heavy period.
Its all good, just wanted to check what others experiences were. Thanks! smile
*chonnie* wrote:
I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I Just want to send you big hugs aswell and hope your ok xx

Oh, thanks Chonnie. smile I am ok thanks, it was a few weeks ago. Have been having some baby pangs recently, but its ok.
xxx
thanks dani +1. smile
Ilovemylilbugs wrote:
OC1246 wrote:
Hi there, Thanks!

No I decided not to have the follow up u/s. I only had the first one to make sure it wasn't ectopic as I wasn't happy with the amount of localised cramping I had so early on. It was also very early on in the pregnancy - it can't have been more then 4-5 weeks. The only reason I knew I was pregnant was because the symptoms started incredibly early and very strongly. Otherwise it could have just been mistaken for a very heavy period.
Its all good, just wanted to check what others experiences were. Thanks! smile
If you start getting hot and feeling the need to vomit pop up the hospital I would hate for you to get a infection but I never had any retained after my mc's and you know what Hun I had early symptoms to with my mc's which was odd for me I am six weeks now and just started to feel yuk and very tired.
Thanks. I have been watching out for any possible symptom and have been keeping in daily contact with my midwife friends too.
Thats really interesting about the early symptoms with yours. That was my first red flag. When I realised I had major morning sickness and major cramps at 2 weeks pregnant or I suppose technically 4 weeks, I thought its either ectopic, going to be a terrible pregnancy or something isn't right. I thought then it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up as a miscarriage. Then I figured I was being paranoid and tried to convince myself it was just a different pregnancy and would be fine. Then suddenly all the symptoms stopped and I just waited then for the miscarriage.... everytime it cramped in one spot though I started to worry more and more about the ectopic side of it. I felt like a time bomb, hence getting an u/s.
Mine came a bit over a month later (which was normal for me), and it was a lot heavier with heaps of clots, I was more crampy too, and it lasted a little longer than usual. The one after that was normal.

Hope all is well. smile
Thanks Athaye! smile
No, the gp never offered to and I didn't ask as I didn't and don't feel the need for it. I had a blood test so she may have found out, but it wasn't talked about. I have errrr......a pregnancy fog - the only way I can think to describe it. lol. I could feel that dropping off gradually after the symptoms stopped suddenly. About a week and half later and I had a clear head again.

I was going to post a thread asking how you are. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were coping with the pregnancy and the gallstone stuff? Hope everything is ok and its not causing too many dramas.... Such a double whammy!
xxx
gut feelings are pretty amazing....
We will try again, it will happen when its meant to.

Just saw you are nearly 6 weeks! How exciting!! How are you feeling about being pregnant now or are you still getting used to it?
I am so thrilled for you! Morning sickness is very blergh.... it really is just a matter of taking each day at a time and relieving the symptoms of the day. lol the next 2 weeks will fly by! I hope you have someone that is pampering you a lot and I am looking forward to hearing all your updates!!
xxx
Sign in to follow this topic