*I was given a charm with the initial of my daughters name, 'A' and I wear this everyday- Palas jewellery do them and they are beautiful and relatively inexpensive
* A keyring with my daughters hand print engraved in it and her name and DOB on the back- try http://www.madeit.com.au/detail.asp?id=617267- the item is a photo engraved keyring. We have also given one to our parents.
* A beautiful timber box to put all of our keepsakes in
* A star was named after Alice on the date of her birth, in the online star register. This is a beautiful gift as we can always look up at the night sky and know our little girl is there
* I gave my husband a set of cufflinks with her initials- as he doesn't wear any jewellery-
* A friend also gave us a photo of a beach with Alice's name written in the sand- this was really beautiful and easy to do
But most of all don't ignore the fact that this little baby was here- many people find it too difficult to talk about it because they don't know what to say- but this little baby regardless of how long they were here was real and is a part of that family now.
I hope this helps someone smile