Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Ways to help.... Lock Rss

My husband and I lost our baby girl at full term during March, she was stillborn. I understand that many people who look on this forum are trying to help someone going through a loss of a baby or are grieving themselves. I just wanted to share a couple of things that have really helped us to treasure her:

*I was given a charm with the initial of my daughters name, 'A' and I wear this everyday- Palas jewellery do them and they are beautiful and relatively inexpensive

* A keyring with my daughters hand print engraved in it and her name and DOB on the back- try http://www.madeit.com.au/detail.asp?id=617267- the item is a photo engraved keyring. We have also given one to our parents.

* A beautiful timber box to put all of our keepsakes in

* A star was named after Alice on the date of her birth, in the online star register. This is a beautiful gift as we can always look up at the night sky and know our little girl is there

* I gave my husband a set of cufflinks with her initials- as he doesn't wear any jewellery-

* A friend also gave us a photo of a beach with Alice's name written in the sand- this was really beautiful and easy to do

But most of all don't ignore the fact that this little baby was here- many people find it too difficult to talk about it because they don't know what to say- but this little baby regardless of how long they were here was real and is a part of that family now.

I hope this helps someone smile

so sorry for your loss, thank you so much for sharing what has helped you and ur husband.

I am so sorry. sad I think they are beautiful ideas. Thank you for sharing your story.
xxx
what an absolutely beautiful post. I am almost in tears! those are such special and beautiful ideas to treasure a lost child. how thoughtful of you to share them with others. the photo of her name on a beach is so simple yet almost breathtaking! thank you for sharing, you are so brave. i'm so sorry for your loss. i'll hug my daughter a little closer today xx
Alice is such a beautiful name, as I'm sure she was a beautiful little girl. I'm glad you have found some solace in simple yet lovely ideas.
Mrs C.T I'm so very sorry for your loss. What beautiful ideas to treasure your special daughter. Thankyou for sharing.

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter shortly after birth last Nov and we have ways similar we treasure and remember her. It's the things like this that mean the most. Thank you for sharing xx

I agree when we lost Katie rose my hubby went out and got me a necklace with a rose on it I wear it everyday and people always tell me how nice it looks in which I tell them it's my daughters.

I also at home have a stand with her photo on it, a teddy bear that was given to me from the hospital for the teddy love clud and a teddy both my boys had picked out for her.

We also go some Xmas balls and put her name on them and they are hanging on the tree.

I also hot one of those Italian brackets with Katie written on it and rip my baby daughter on another.

It helps

TTC a baby girl
https://www.facebook.com/Homemade.by.pamela

Sign in to follow this topic