1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Didn't know where to put this!!

Didn't know where to put this!! Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,
So two nights ago i done a HPT and got a BFP so i was so happy yesterday
but then (and i know this in NO way compairs to others losses, but i am just sad and needed to tell someone) my hubby ran over my beauitful dog Becky, she had some pretty bad injuries and after an hour or so i had to make the horrible decision to put her down...
I just feel so so sad, i really loved that dog sad
Thanks for reading, it just helps to get it out.....
Oh no, that sucks...I'm really sorry sad

And congrats on your bfp, wishing you all the best for your pregnancy.
Thanks girls, i am unsure if the hormones are making it worse or wether it is just really knocking me for six ...
Thank you again for all your kind words.
Nawwww *big hugs* Hun!! Pets are part of the family And iv lost a couple of my 'best friends' (dogs) growing up. It's never easy sad when I was little our jack Russell/foxy (the first dog us kids ever owned ourselves!) was run over by dad and he rushed her to Bega (1.5hrs away) but she was so badly injured he had to get her put down to end her suffering sad
It sucks big time hun sad bet ur DH feels so sad and guilty. Things happen though sad
Hope ur ok xxx time heals all wounds xxx

My hubby does feel bad!!!
*Edited the rest as i think it's just the sadness talking*
ohh im so sorry sad
I would be devistated to lose one of my babies (2 dogs 2 cats)
I had someone look after one of my cats when i was OS in 2010 n the kitty ran away and the stupid friend didnt even tell me for 3 weeks! i was so angry!
I cried for days when my Oscar fish died cos i had had him for nearly 8yrs!
I get upset at the thought that my eldest dog is 12 n cat is 13 n knowing that even tho they still have a good few yrs in them that i will lose them eventually!
Pets are babies 2 <3

2littleBs wrote:
Aw hugs, we almost had to make that decision with our dog the other week, and I imagine actually having to go through with it would be horrible. Dont feel like it doesnt compare to othersq losses, to you it could be just as significant as someone elses loss IYKWIM- I know our pets are our babies as much as our real babies, theyre a very big part of our life smile
Congrats on your pregnancy smile

Thank You that helps smile
Puddlefish wrote:
ohh im so sorry sad
I would be devistated to lose one of my babies (2 dogs 2 cats)
I had someone look after one of my cats when i was OS in 2010 n the kitty ran away and the stupid friend didnt even tell me for 3 weeks! i was so angry!
I cried for days when my Oscar fish died cos i had had him for nearly 8yrs!
I get upset at the thought that my eldest dog is 12 n cat is 13 n knowing that even tho they still have a good few yrs in them that i will lose them eventually!
Pets are babies 2 <3

It is amazing isn't it, how much we consider them family.
It was horrible, the only time she wasn't wimpering in pain was when i was holding her, as soon as i tried to get up or move away she would start again.
We live out of town and i was a vet nurse for years, so i knew her injuries straight away and my hubby was actually the one who had to put her down, i stayed with her while it was done to keep her relaxed but i probably made it worse for me.
Tigress'n'Cub wrote:
Probably, but you do have the right to have those feelings hun. I'd be angry in that situation as well hun. Don't be hard on yourself. Hope you can bury her & put a memorial plant or statue, plaque, something special just for her, on her grave. More hugs to you. xx

THANKS Tigress'n'Cub
Thanks NAI&BEAU
Sign in to follow this topic