Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Turning off my daughter's life support

Turning off my daughter's life support Lock Rss

Sweet girl there is nothing I can say to ease your pain but all I can say is I'm thinking of you and your family at this time. Hugs xxxx
Hi there, i know you posted you topic a wee while ago, i have been through a simular situation as you, we lost our 21 month old boy to an accident, a year ago he was placed on life support with a serious brain bleed we were told by the dr's that there was no hope and that the best option was to turn the life support off, it was the hardest decision we have ever had to make so i know what you are going through its not easy and we played the what if situation too, i just wanted you to know that your not alone. we have since gone on to have a wee baby girl who is now 3 months old to us having another baby and sharing our love with another special important little person is how we have coped with our tragic situation you will find your own way of coping. if you ever need to talk to a stranger in the same situation im more then happy to help. You and your partner need to stay strong support one another and don't be afraid to talk to each other about it.
Thanks Kerilbrookland and Chevi's_mummy for your new posts.

Kerilbrookland thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It broke my heart to hear about your little boy. It must have been very hard on you and your family. I'm so glad you have a baby girl now who has helped you through this difficult time. Thanks for your words of support. I now realise that I'm not alone and unfortunately so many people out there have lost their children very young. We are slowly starting to cope although we still have our ups and downs. My DD's due date is 12 Oct so it may be a little difficult to think about this week. Our DS has helped us a lot. No parent should have to go through this. Thanks again xo
Sign in to follow this topic