Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. 3 Ectopics and now a misscarriage, is it time to call it quits?

3 Ectopics and now a misscarriage, is it time to call it quits? Lock Rss

Hello everyone!

This is my story.

I had my DD in 2007. 2008 had my first ectopic pregnancy and the tube was saved. In 2009 had my DS. 2011 was a year of sadness with another two ectopic pregnancies in Jan and September where my tube ruptered and it was lost. Jan 2012 just found out that I have a missed miscarriage. Saw the heartbeat at 6.5 weeks and went for my 9 week scan on Wednesday and got told that the baby has died. Seeing the ob this afternoon to book in a D&C.

Is someone up there trying to tell me that we are not meant to have a third child?

We are desperate for a third but now I am thinking it is not meant to be. If there was a guarntee that all would be ok then we would def try agai.

Your thoughts?
Only you are your partner can answer that - you'll know when its time. Lots of people will have lots of opinions but it's only the two of you that matter in that decision. It sounds to me from what you say that you have some fighting spirit left in you. I'm 47 and have had two kids through egg donor in the past 3 yearsand 3 miscarriages in a row in the past 6 months and I am not ready to stop - we have used all our embryos, spent a fortune and now need another donor - lots of people say to me I should just be thankful for what I have - and I truely am, other people give nme the "but you're 47" look, others make commenst along the lines of you'll be drawing your pension when your kids are still young - my dad dies when I was 22 - my folks had me at the "right" age, so that last comment doesn't wash with me. Anyhow, my point is is that my partner and I are the most important people in the decision and we are so deseparte to ahve a big family and we are not giving up hope that we can find another donor and believe so strongly that we will succeed - so believe in yourself and your body as there's no point in putting yourself through all of this if you don't - you have to think positively and believe the next time or the next time or the next will work - you'll know within yourself when it's time to stop. Best of luck
Sign in to follow this topic