Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Anyone scared it will happen again?

Anyone scared it will happen again? Lock Rss

Wondering how the ladies who have gone through miscarriages are feeling about ttc again? I didn't have a care in the world during my first two pregnancies and so it came as a bit of a shock to lose my third bub. But after losing number 3 there was NO WAY I thought I'd lose number 4 too - I thought I'd had my bad luck. But now I am almost expecting to lose the next one if I fall pregnant. How do you get your head around it all??? I'm feeling positive one moment and very negative the next.

Wondering how the ladies who have gone through miscarriages are feeling about ttc again? I didn't have a care in the world during my first two pregnancies and so it came as a bit of a shock to lose my third bub. But after losing number 3 there was NO WAY I thought I'd lose number 4 too - I thought I'd had my bad luck. But now I am almost expecting to lose the next one if I fall pregnant. How do you get your head around it all??? I'm feeling positive one moment and very negative the next.

Yes I have two Darlings in. Heaven
My 1st Miscarrage was in 2000.
Took me 10yrs to get courage to try again. Had health y baby boy. In November I lost another baby at 11wks.
I never met my babies that went to heaven but will always remember them.

Scared. It's going to happen again but I'm 37yrs young. I want more babies don't want to live in regret say five yrs time still wanting more babies.

It hurts so much loading babies but I will always remember and love them.

Willing. / wanting more
Truly leaving. It in God's. Hands

Hi there i am so sorry for your losses, i too am in the same position as you after having 2 of the healthiest pregnancies and bubs i lost my third, fourth and just recently my fifth!
i have had tests done and have since found out since having my second child i have developed Hashimotos disease (a thyroid problem) which can cause miscarriage. i am now on thyroid tablets and have my follow up appointment in mid January.
I know exactly how you feel honey its such a hard thing to go through once let alone 2 or three times!!!
i hope you find the courage to try again, we just cant shake that 3rd baby feeling and will try again once my thyroid levels are back to normal.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do sweetheart. xxoo

Scarlett 19/01/06. Hamish 16/07/07. Isla 05/02/13.

Hi there i am so sorry for your losses, i too am in the same position as you after having 2 of the healthiest pregnancies and bubs i lost my third, fourth and just recently my fifth!
i have had tests done and have since found out since having my second child i have developed Hashimotos disease (a thyroid problem) which can cause miscarriage. i am now on thyroid tablets and have my follow up appointment in mid January.
I know exactly how you feel honey its such a hard thing to go through once let alone 2 or three times!!!
i hope you find the courage to try again, we just cant shake that 3rd baby feeling and will try again once my thyroid levels are back to normal.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do sweetheart. xxoo

That made my heart just drop when I read how many bubs you've lost. That's my greatest fear, though I am willing to give it a good go. I'm very sorry you're going through that. It is so exhausting going through the conceiving, the carrying, and the losing. Lots of time spent being pregnant and nothing to show for it. Good luck to you!

Hi

I am new to this site so hopefully you don't mind me replying to your question.

I lost twins in 2003 while I was at work and I had to be rushed to hospitial as I had a major bleed. Hubby and I would like to try for a baby this year currently I have the implanon in my arm which is going to be removed in the coming weeks but the more I think about it I am getting very nervous and scared that my first experience of pregnancy will happen all over again. Honestly I am not sure how to get over these fears as I would like to experience motherhood.

I hope you find a way to get over your fears as well - take care
Of course you would feel scared that you're going to lose the baby next time you're pregnant, all of us miscarriage survivors feel that way. It's a horrible feeling, but I know I am going to have a baby this year.

I had my first MC in June at 11 weeks and I was devastated, but I needed to keep TTC - it was something I just couldn't give up on. (I was told this MC was the result of getting pregnant too soon after coming off the pill.) I had my second MC in September at 5 weeks. I think both MC's were the result of stress. I am a highly strung person to begin with, and the stress of doctors, my so-called friends, and blood tests on top of my regular work/financial stresses was too much for me.

DH and I have got a plan for our next pregnancy - we are not going to the doctor until after I am 6 weeks, I am not going for HCG blood tests every second day, and I am not going for a dating scan until after 8 weeks at least. I will just keep doing HPT's twice a week and as long as the line is nice and dark, that will be good enough for us.

It's perfectly understandable that you would feel worried about what would happen if you fell pregnant again. I hope that you find a peace about whatever you decide to do smile

Hi

I am new to this site so hopefully you don't mind me replying to your question.

I lost twins in 2003 while I was at work and I had to be rushed to hospitial as I had a major bleed. Hubby and I would like to try for a baby this year currently I have the implanon in my arm which is going to be removed in the coming weeks but the more I think about it I am getting very nervous and scared that my first experience of pregnancy will happen all over again. Honestly I am not sure how to get over these fears as I would like to experience motherhood.

I hope you find a way to get over your fears as well - take care

Hi Mish12 and welcome. Thanks for sharing your story. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hey Sam,

I know you were in our thread and I am sorry for your losses it is hard I don't think the fear ever goes away as my 1st experience was not the best but I have my little boy now it would be harder the more you lose but I say don't give up (but IF it does get to emotionally draining) and don't want to go through it anymore that is ok too but I wish you luck through whatever decision you choose to do

Hi Unique1, glad to see things are going along well for you. Thanks for your kind words.

Of course you would feel scared that you're going to lose the baby next time you're pregnant, all of us miscarriage survivors feel that way. It's a horrible feeling, but I know I am going to have a baby this year.

I had my first MC in June at 11 weeks and I was devastated, but I needed to keep TTC - it was something I just couldn't give up on. (I was told this MC was the result of getting pregnant too soon after coming off the pill.) I had my second MC in September at 5 weeks. I think both MC's were the result of stress. I am a highly strung person to begin with, and the stress of doctors, my so-called friends, and blood tests on top of my regular work/financial stresses was too much for me.

DH and I have got a plan for our next pregnancy - we are not going to the doctor until after I am 6 weeks, I am not going for HCG blood tests every second day, and I am not going for a dating scan until after 8 weeks at least. I will just keep doing HPT's twice a week and as long as the line is nice and dark, that will be good enough for us.

It's perfectly understandable that you would feel worried about what would happen if you fell pregnant again. I hope that you find a peace about whatever you decide to do smile

Hey Mel-O, I did the same last time - really waited a long while before going to GP and before doing any blood tests and scans.

I really wasn't at all worried that I would lose my last baby as I figured I'd only just had a miscarriage and there was no way it could happen again. The thing I struggle with is that my two miscarriages were the result of two completely different causes. Two very different freak events. I was happy to cop my first miscarriage on the chin, but I am rather p***ed off about my last one - ha! I'll definitely be trying again.

Thank you all for joining the conversation. I find that most people in our real worlds just expect you to push it down and forget about it. My two miscarriages (both natural) were very different experiences physically and emotionally. There doesn't seem to be much spoken about what you have to go through physically with a natural miscarriage particularly when baby is a bit older. Interesting.

i agree, i tend to scoot around what actualy happened with my M/C's and it can be horrible physically. my second M/C was @12 weeks and i had to push it out and the 'cramps' were quite painful.

Yes, I went through contractions exactly like a real labour. If I'd not experienced labour before I'd have thought something was seriously wrong because the pain was so intense. A really interesting experience - I knew my baby was no longer alive so had been waiting for about a week for it to happen. I was on holidays and it was Christmas Day and I couldn't get any pain relief, but actually felt as though I needed to completely feel the pain anyway.

Thank you all for joining the conversation. I find that most people in our real worlds just expect you to push it down and forget about it. My two miscarriages (both natural) were very different experiences physically and emotionally. There doesn't seem to be much spoken about what you have to go through physically with a natural miscarriage particularly when baby is a bit older. Interesting.

I agree! There's not very much information out there about what to expect in a MC.
I had never been pregnant before so I really had no idea what was going on. It was an absolutely terrifying ordeal! I searched for advice and information but didn't find anything to prepare me for what was going to happen. I suppose it's not a topic that's readily discussed.
No one told me that a few days afterwards my uterus would shrink and that would be very painful too - I ended up at the ED one night and was put on tramadol!

I lost my 2nd. Baby at 16 wks natural birth.20.07.2000
Lost. My 4th at 11wks D&C 10.11.2011

Scared. Me hurts. Like hell.

I still. &always. Will love them

Thank God every day for my boys. Pray I can have more babies trying to this yr.
Sign in to follow this topic