Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

D&C - Primolut-N Lock Rss

Hi, I had a scan at 9 weeks and found out that the baby had stop growing - missed abortion. It wasn't until two weeks after that that I was finally booked into have the D&C. I had the D&C on the 1 Dec. I have had heavy bleeding since the D&C - so I went to the doctors this week and I am now taking Primolut-N. I have taken 3 tablets a day since Tuesday. It seems to have gotten lighter but not yet stopped - but I have dropped down to 2 tablets a day from today.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like me and how did they go about getting the first AF and then TTC.

Hi, I had a scan at 9 weeks and found out that the baby had stop growing - missed abortion. It wasn't until two weeks after that that I was finally booked into have the D&C. I had the D&C on the 1 Dec. I have had heavy bleeding since the D&C - so I went to the doctors this week and I am now taking Primolut-N. I have taken 3 tablets a day since Tuesday. It seems to have gotten lighter but not yet stopped - but I have dropped down to 2 tablets a day from today.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like me and how did they go about getting the first AF and then TTC.

I have not had those tablets but had a mc on the 12 dec and still am bleeding and the blood clots and heavy bleeding. I need to go back to the docs my tummy is in a fair bit of pain. I didn't have a d&c as my body went into labour by itself I have to wait till the 9th of feb befor I find out what happend and if I can try again then

TTC a baby girl
https://www.facebook.com/Homemade.by.pamela

Hi Working-Mummy,

So sorry for your lost:-( The pain is awful and your emotions are just all of the place. I wish it would all just end so that I can start off over again. Now we are both playing the waiting game - to see how we are emotionally and how bodies and coping with it all before TTC again.

Today, I thought that the tablets were working and I might be stopping but I am still having to change up to 5 times a day - I will give it to next Friday and see what happens then - Off to the Obs in Jan.

Big Hugs!
Sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, I don't think I've ever felt such emotional hurt.

I had a missed miscarriage at 12 week (baby was only 9 weeks) and had a D & C. I couldn't bare the thought of just waiting for it to happen - if it hadn't happened in 3 weeks, how much longer was my poor bub going to be there before my body realised...After the D & C I didn't bleed heavily, but fairly steadily for two weeks. Then spotting on and off for a week and a half and then (tmi)a big clot of product. After that no more bleeding and my HCG zeroed a few days after that. My cycle ended up being the exact length as usual (37 days). Tried again next cyle after and got BFP. Sadly I've just lost that one too but the doctor says it has nothing to do with getting pregnant too soon.

I guess I was lucky in that they must have got most of the product out with the D & C. I hadn't passed anything at all before it and they gave me misaprostal (incorrect spelling) before hand just to soften things up. Sorry - don't have any experience with the tablets you mentioned.

My grandma got pregnant with her third daughter (25 now - same age as me), before even getting a period after she miscarried twins at 8-9 weeks. Most doctors now recommend waiting at least until you get your first normal period before trying again.

It took me seven cycles to get pregnant the first time and so I decided well better get to it, thinking it might take that long again. I decided to try temping and opks to get pregnant this time and it worked first go. Just need a sticky bean. I'd suggest giving it a go if you don't use temping and opks already...when you are ready to try again of course.

Good luck and baby dust
Sign in to follow this topic