Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

stillborn poem Lock Rss

Hi ladies, i remember reading a post a few months ago and it had the most beautiful poem in it, im dont exactly remember if it was about babies born sleeping or angel babies. My SIL is due to be induced on monday and her baby girl will be born sleeping. I really wanted to do up a card with that poem in it.

Also for those of you who have had babies born sleeping, how long should someone with a newborn stay away? we were meant to go and visit next weekend and my DD will be 3 weeks old and i think it would hurt her too much by having us there. I know there will never be a right time, but at what point does it become bareable to have a visitor with a newborn? Thanks heaps for your advice.

Hi ladies, i remember reading a post a few months ago and it had the most beautiful poem in it, im dont exactly remember if it was about babies born sleeping or angel babies. My SIL is due to be induced on monday and her baby girl will be born sleeping. I really wanted to do up a card with that poem in it.

Also for those of you who have had babies born sleeping, how long should someone with a newborn stay away? we were meant to go and visit next weekend and my DD will be 3 weeks old and i think it would hurt her too much by having us there. I know there will never be a right time, but at what point does it become bareable to have a visitor with a newborn? Thanks heaps for your advice.

Sorry to hear this, so very devastating.

I had a stillborn baby, she was born at 21 weeks back in 2007. Feels like a lifetime ago now but at the time I remember not wanting to see anyone and I couldnt face the world, let alone see someone with a new baby. I didnt even want to answer the phone.

Everyone grieves differently but I'd imagine it would be quite a while before I'd visit with your baby, cant say how long but I'd wait at least a month or two and then check with her beforehand if its ok.

For now I'd still go see her but arrange a baby sitter, perhaps you can leave your bub with your mum or MIL while you visit your SIL? Or alternatively send flowers and a card.... here's a poem I like:

These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints,
never touched the ground at all.

Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have my wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.

You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel’s tears,
of joy and not from pain.