Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. pregnant again 5 months after still born

pregnant again 5 months after still born Lock Rss

hi im 22 week and 3 days preg with my second child a little boy
in febuary this year i suffered a great loss not just me but my partner as well our gawjus little boy connor was a stillborn i was fullterm and had a doctors appointment at 5pm valentines day 14th febuary 2 days before my due date everything was goin fine my blood pressure was perfect as it had been all the way through out my pregnancy and then it was time to listen to the heartbeat but as much as he tried he could not find a heart beat so we rushed up the hospital to have it confirmed at 6 pm my little boys heart was no longer beating and he was declared deceased i was sent home and told there was no hurry to deliver but at 11:45PM that night i went to the bathroom and there was some brownish reddish discharge on the toilet paper i was later told that this was my mucas plug or bloody show we rushed up the hospital and i was already 4cm dilated i was in labour for 9 hours i had nitrous oxide for pain and at 8:37 with my final push our little angel was born only to be taken away from me weighing 6 LBS 3 OZ and the length of 51 cm spitting image of his daddy also very big hands and feet and the most beautiful baby i have ever seen.He was born with the cord around his neck and i had blood clots on my placenta sad we denied an autopsy as we could not bear the thought of someone cutting into our special little man. On march the 3rd we said goodbye to our little Connor he was cremated and we still have the ashes i have stored them inside a teddy bear and i cuddle up2 him every nite. Just needed to get this off my chest
and talk to someone who has been through the same thing. Also is it weird if i take him into hospital with me when his little brother is born??
First of all I just want to say I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that must of been.

And also congratulations on your new pregnancy!

When it comes to taking your son along to the birth I think that is something that is completely up to you. I and I think a lot of other people would understand that you want him there for the birth of his sibling.

Best of luck with everything.

I am so sorry for your loss. I cried when I read it.

I think it perfectly fine to take him with you. I think that will make it more special.
Hi,

I lost my first baby at 24 weeks in September 2009, i had her cremated and like you did not want an autopsy.

I gave birth to our son 10 weeks ago , pregnancy was fine but everyday was a struggle, the slightest thing and i would ring the doctor.

I never took the ashes to the hospital, and sometimes now i wish i had.

There is nothing wrong with taking the ashes with you, do anything that makes your labour easier
Hi,
Our little angel, Eloise Kate, was stillborn on 13th October 2011. I went into labour naturally at 41+3 weeks. As my waters were broken her umbilical cord was compressed and she passed away (otherwise she was perfect).
This will be a Christmas that we don't want to have but we are going away for a quiet picnic and we will be taking our little girl with us! We hope to fall pregnant again (as soon as we can) but haven't thought about taking Eloise with us. Personally I think it is a wonderful idea to have the family together. One thing I have learnt is that you have to do what you think is right - don't listen to others. Life is too short to have regrets!
Congratulations and good luck with your new boy! I hope to be joining you soon!!!
Eloise's Mum
Sign in to follow this topic