Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. having trouble getting over a miscarriage

having trouble getting over a miscarriage Lock Rss

im sorry to hear such sad stories sad but in a way i am so thankful i am not the only person who has lost a little angel that they had hoped for, feel free to message me or email me if any of you would like to talk ( not sure if my e-mail address shows up)?

im so nervous atm i have fallen pregnant, and am so worried and stressed that i could have to go through losing another part of me, currently 11 weeks , and go for my first scan next week, roughly the same time i lost my last little one. got fingers and toes crossed

Good luck hun, hope your scan goes well xx
Hi everyone.

I went for my first antenatal appt yesterday. I was 11 weeks and 4 days. Unfortunately after some tests found that I had a mc. I am so upset as this was my first pregnancy and I am 38 years of age so was so happy to have fallen pregnant. I had no symptoms that I lost the baby.

How do you get over this. I just cant stop crying. I feel so empty. Now I am booked in tomorrow for a curet.

I am so scared that this will happen again.

I just needed to get this off my chest as most of my friends that have kids never went through one so dont have really anyone that understands.

Cat
Cat, I am so sorry for your loss. Please understand that you are not alone. Miscarriage isn't something that a lot of people feel comfortable talking about, but you would probably find that many people around you have experienced a loss, and would love to help you through this time.

I had no idea until I experienced my first loss, that my own mother as well as two of my sisters in laws had also gone through miscarriage at some stage in their lives. It's heartbreaking how common it is.

The most important thing is to grieve as much as you need to. Take time out from life for a while and get yourself mentally and physically stronger.

You will find a lot of women on hear only too happy to listen if you need to talk. I have had 5 losses in my life, at various stages of pregnancy, but have had a beautiful daughter and am pregnant once again. It is hard to deal with the anxiety of pregnancy once you have been through a miscarriage, but you have to remain positive.

A fabulous friend once told me that in her culture a miscarriage is a sole trying to find you, but the timing isn't right or they aren't quite strong enough yet. She says that someday, somehow, that sole will join you, but sometimes it's a harder road than others. I take a lot of heart from that sentiment and know that there is a little sole out there waiting to join my family, as there is with you.

I know you posted this in septenmber but hvaing had two miscarriages and currently experiencing my 3rd miscarriage all in 6 months, I expec t you are still grieving. I can't say anything that will help only to show support and youc an already see you are not alone. I never really thought much when someone said they were having a miscarriage - I used to just think oh well - that all changed when I experienced one myself. Poeple don't understand the deep sense of loss and grieving - now I am on my 3rd I am embarrassed to tell people - I feel guilty for some reason even though there's nothing I did to make this happen. I guess I feel people are used to hearing i've had a miscarriage and will brush off a 3rd as I may well have done in the past if I had not been through it myself. the last 6 months of 2011 totally sucked for me and I am looking forward to renewed hope in 2012. I do have two beautiful children after 15 years of IVF and then egg donor support. I still want more children and need to find another donnor but mjy time is running out fast as I am an older mum. I hope everytjing works out for you - I know I will always have a big place in my heart for the little babies I lost
I just read the comments from your friend about her culture and found the sentiment very heartening. Thankyou for sharing that
Catarina my heart goes out to you. I've sat at home since Xmas eve crying my eyes out, i've become physically distant from my husband as I feel I just need to wrap myself up. I thought alcohol would help but it doesn't. You just need to let yourself cry in my experience. Thjis miscarriage is different from my other two so am not sure what is going on as it started on Xmas eve and continues - I need it to be over and done with to move on. You will find a way to move on but in your own time. The ferttility associates suggested I plant something to remember my baby by so I have planted a few tress above my miscarriages - I found that very useful as it meant my baby was remebered and there was something visible for me to remember my baby by. I've taken an extra week off work and have thrown mysefl into doing things on our land to keep me busy but as soon as I stop it hits me again so not sure that's really helping me. Do whatever you feel you need to do no matter what anyone thinks of it - look after yourself, the pain will ease, you will move on but you'll never forget and hopefully you'll become pregnant again.
thank you for all of your comments.

Had my DC yesterday. that was hard but I know it had to be done. I couldnt go with the other 2 options.

And Clax I really like that about the soul trying to find you. I believe that in someways.

I am so grateful for a forum like this to talk to woman that are going through the same thing. its good to have support around you. One of my closest friends went through a mc at 11 weeks also so it has helped speaking to her and she now has a gorgeous boy.

thanks again and god bless
thank you for all of your comments.

Had my DC yesterday. that was hard but I know it had to be done. I couldnt go with the other 2 options.

And Clax I really like that about the soul trying to find you. I believe that in someways.

I am so grateful for a forum like this to talk to woman that are going through the same thing. its good to have support around you. One of my closest friends went through a mc at 11 weeks also so it has helped speaking to her and she now has a gorgeous boy.

thanks again and god bless

I forgot to add. I am so sorry Daisycakes. Sending you a big hug.what a terrible way to remember xmas
Sign in to follow this topic