Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Have many of you had a natural miscarrage and not had medical intervetion how long did it last and how long did you wait?

Have many of you had a natural miscarrage and not had medical intervetion how long did it last and how long did you wait? Lock Rss

Hi all,
I am having a natural misscarage it is my second miscarrage the first was twins and I had to have a curet, this time I have opted for a natural miscarrage as I have lisened to my inner voice and I feel it will be better for my body and my healing. I know that if i start feeling ill or i have a bad smell that i will need medical intervention. Do many of you just go natural and trust your body or do you feak out and let doctors deal with it? Also have any of you used natural herbs or the like to help the body elimnate it naturally? Just wondering because before doctors we all used to do it naturally and only sometime did we not survive or get sick if you are healthy fit and look after yourself you should be able to do it naturally. I wonder if sometimes we let others intervene (eg doctors) to much and not trust our own bodies or ourselves. I know it may hurt but who knows everyone is diffrent and if it does it is it does and thats ok because our bodies know how to help the pain just like when we go into labour with a natural birth. The pain is good it probably lets you heal your mind and heart too.
How far along were you? I've had 3 m/c and never had any intervention. They were, however all before 12 weeks so passed without an issue. You sound like you know what to look out for so do what you're doing, trust your body to heal itself and seek medical advice if something doesn't seem right.
ok from my own experiences I'd definately go curette as my first mc i went natural and ... well for starters, it hurt way worse than normal childbirth (explained later that it is because a) your body is not prepared for it, cool the contractions have to be worse as they are pushing against a smaller object & c) your mind really (subconciously) is fighting against it too.) I waited approx 3 days before it came away properally ... and then got a uterus infection and ended up in hospital in absolute agony for 4 days, and had to have a curette anyway. And it took me months and months to get over. sad . With my second mc, I opted for a curette and was in hosp for 3hrs, came home and could start getting over it quicker and easier. So that's my story, hope your's isn't that bad.
P>S: thinking of you in what you are going thru.
first I must say how sorry I am for your loss. I had 3 natural. It sounds like you are as prepared as you can be. My first two passed within about 5 hours from the time bleeding or just spotting really started.(they were 10 weeks and 6 weeks)The third (at 12)came out over two days(thougth it was over and started again hours latter)that was pretty awful, but once over you do begin to feel better (physically) fairly quickly. A heat bag is fantastic for your tummy.I choose natural as I had done IVF and could not handle the thought of any more proding and surgery. All a personal choice. thinking of you xx Carolyn

Carolyn, mum to Mason

I think that it is completely a personal choice & where you are mentally with the whole situation.

With my m/c, it was discovered when i went in for a routine scan, even tho it was late - nearly 14 weeks, the baby measured in at 13 + weeks. I had no physical signs & there was no way that i felt mentally prepared to 'wait' for my pregnancy to end naturally - it may have been in 1 day or 1 week, who knows, no-one could tell me - so, i decided for medical intervention for my own mental health. I dont know if it helped me recover 'quicker' or not, but it certainly alleviated the waiting around for the unknown to happen - IYKWIM.

You sound like you are in a really good place tho, so if you are happy to go with it, then that's the way you should do it.

Thinking of you
Hi there,

I am so sorry......sad

I had a natural miscarriage, It took around 2 days. I didn't use any herbs or anything, just went with the flow. Thinking of you.
xxx
Ive had 3 natural and one DandC I. Did plan on all natural but with mc at 9 weeks I continued to bleed really heavily and was in agony turns out something wasnt quiet right. Was a painless procedure though and i was pain free straight after with only light bleeding.

So sorry for your loss. I think it depends on how far along you are.

I have had two m/cs in the last six months. The first one was at 12 weeks and in hindsight I think I should have had a D & C. I bled very heavily for weeks and ended up needing a blood transfusion. The second one was at 7 weeks, and it was just like a slighty heavier period. I think it's what ever you feel comfortable with, but listen to your health care professional too.

Hi all,
I am having a natural misscarage it is my second miscarrage the first was twins and I had to have a curet, this time I have opted for a natural miscarrage as I have lisened to my inner voice and I feel it will be better for my body and my healing. I know that if i start feeling ill or i have a bad smell that i will need medical intervention. Do many of you just go natural and trust your body or do you feak out and let doctors deal with it? Also have any of you used natural herbs or the like to help the body elimnate it naturally? Just wondering because before doctors we all used to do it naturally and only sometime did we not survive or get sick if you are healthy fit and look after yourself you should be able to do it naturally. I wonder if sometimes we let others intervene (eg doctors) to much and not trust our own bodies or ourselves. I know it may hurt but who knows everyone is diffrent and if it does it is it does and thats ok because our bodies know how to help the pain just like when we go into labour with a natural birth. The pain is good it probably lets you heal your mind and heart too.
I was about 9 or ten weeks when i started to spot but baby died at 7 or 8 weeks after i had a scan last friday. Well that is what the person who did the scan says and comming to think about it i think about thet time i woke up one night with pain in my lower back so i am thinking it probably did happen about then. Also i am in a mining town that is miles from anywhere but we do have a doc well not all the time but somtimes and not always the same doctor. Anyway it is a waiting game have a bit more pain going on today so i am guessing things maybe moving along a bit. I still am amazed at how amzing our bodies really are we somteimes do not give it credit. Thanks everyone for you advice and condolances it is good to be able to talk about thing like this with others it makes you see that it happens a lot to lots of people everywhere. x grin

first I must say how sorry I am for your loss. I had 3 natural. It sounds like you are as prepared as you can be. My first two passed within about 5 hours from the time bleeding or just spotting really started.(they were 10 weeks and 6 weeks)The third (at 12)came out over two days(thougth it was over and started again hours latter)that was pretty awful, but once over you do begin to feel better (physically) fairly quickly. A heat bag is fantastic for your tummy.I choose natural as I had done IVF and could not handle the thought of any more proding and surgery. All a personal choice. thinking of you xx Carolyn

I was about 9 or ten weeks when i started to spot but baby died at 7 or 8 weeks after i had a scan last friday. Well that is what the person who did the scan says and comming to think about it i think about thet time i woke up one night with pain in my lower back so i am thinking it probably did happen about then. Also i am in a mining town that is miles from anywhere but we do have a doc well not all the time but somtimes and not always the same doctor. Anyway it is a waiting game have a bit more pain going on today so i am guessing things maybe moving along a bit. I still am amazed at how amzing our bodies really are we somteimes do not give it credit. Thanks everyone for you advice and condolances it is good to be able to talk about thing like this with others it makes you see that it happens a lot to lots of people everywhere. x grin

I am still waiting no real big cramps but a few little not alot of blood either. Went to doc he was a old doc he checked my blood pressure and pulse they where both good not feeling ill or anyhting. I would say that he has seen hundreds of miscarrages and he was not concerned he said my body will get rid of it ok. So just waiting for my body to finally pass it. Thank god I have my it works herbal body wraps they have helped with blotted feeling and the aches and pains. Put one on last night and slept like a dream the natural anti inflametries must have worked and I woke up with a flat stomach. I wonder if they would work just as well when you have your period i am thinking they may well just work how good would that be use them when you have your period for the aches and loose inches at the same time. Anyway waiting waitng waiting. If it does not happen soon i may have to get a curret not keen on that at all. Do not like to go under anithetic last time I was a bit hard to wake up. So I am very reserved about going under again. Has anyone else had to wait? Four weeks nearly since I started to bleed. I am still wanting to go natural and i my body knows what to do it always has. smile
Sign in to follow this topic