Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Second Miscarriage in 6 months

Second Miscarriage in 6 months Lock Rss

Just a quick update. I found out I was pregnant again a couple of weeks ago and after a dating scan showing a healthy, happy little heartbeat I almost dared to get excited again.

But sadly I suffered my third miscarriage this year a few days ago. As awful as it sounds, I am almost used to it now and while I am extremely sad, I'm not devasted like the last two.

Finally my doctors agree that I need to have some further tests to discover why this is happening. I am a bit mad that it has taken 3 miscarriages for them decide that I warrant more tests, but that it the health system I guess.

I have to have an iron infusion because I have lost so much blood after the since March that I am critically anaemic.

Hopefully I will get some answers in the next few months and maybe in the new year I can try again.

I am so sorry for your loss. dont give up. sometimes they are unexplained. After 3 M/C, I gave birth at 43.I hope this happens for you ..xxxCarolyn

Carolyn, mum to Mason

Hello all,
I too am having an issue presently. I am suffering my second miscarriage as we speak. It's my second in 3 months. I am devastated, absolutely devastated. I keep thinking something MUST be wrong with me and I am incapable of carrying a child. I don't know what to do or what to think. Can anyone help?

Hello all,
I too am having an issue presently. I am suffering my second miscarriage as we speak. It's my second in 3 months. I am devastated, absolutely devastated. I keep thinking something MUST be wrong with me and I am incapable of carrying a child. I don't know what to do or what to think. Can anyone help?

To Christie,

Did you ever get help with what might be happening. I too am having my second miscarriage in 3 months. First was missed miscarriage at 12 weeks but baby stopped growing a 9 weeks. Second is in process now - I was 5 weeks or so. I track my cycles and since coming off the pill in December last year, all my cycles, except the first which was 33 days and the cycles that I got pregnant in, have all been 37 days, except one other that was 41 days. I felt pregnant that cycle but I didn't do any tests because I thought I would make myself wait until I was a week late to test. Of course I can't prove anything but I now feel that was a chemical pregnancy.

Keep getting told it was probably just bad luck but don't really feel like tempting fate again so soon if I can't at least have some testing to rule out the obvious.
im so sorry - i myself am vry similer - am now currently in the middle of my second misscarraige in 6 months...

1st (10 1/2 weeks) had "dating scan" during which no heartbeat and no developing pregnancy...followed by D&C in hospital...following a massive infection (yuck)

now 5 1/2 weeks another - "spontantious misscarriage"...sooo frstrating...

like many ladies above this loss didnt hurt as much as the first...i tryed not to get attached as i knew it was too good to be true...chances are it was...

2went to my doc, very easy as hje is so understanding, gave me blood tests to check everything..e.xplained how 'normal' it is, even though doesnt make it easier right now, its good to knwo that im not the only one, he even told me his wife had 3 before having twins...sop another good news story...

unfourtunitly i have had a pretty *** year, my mother and father both contractede cancer and my fathers is terminal...father in law got a terriable desiese...and things are happening to good people, and the not so good people seem to get eveything handed to them...

as bad as it sounhds we are positive that i will fall pregnant again and my husband as been my life saver...

if you are having troubles or misscarraiges, please go and see your doc, if they wont test, change docs...i had too after my firs MC as my doc didnt belive me when i said i think something is wrong after my symptoms disapeared...then low and behold a scan confirmed my thoguhts...

a good doc separates the worries and concerns and makes you understand the bigger icture and that most people concieve successfully after MC...

good luck to all!!!
Sign in to follow this topic