Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Did anybody have a simpsons forceps delivery?

Did anybody have a simpsons forceps delivery? Lock Rss

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had a forceps delivery, and if so, how long did it take for you to heal? I had my gorgeous little boy 4 weeks ago and am still quite sore in places and sometimes feel like my insides are going to fall out!!! Plus if you have any good excersise tips.......and dare I ask, how long before you got down to some "funny business" with your man...I still feel too sore to want to try....

Otherwise all's well, thanks Sam
Hi Sam,
I had forceps with my first after being induced.
They tried the Ventouse first but failed 3 times and I tore, so they gave me an episiotomy and used the forceps and out he came and I got a third degree tear to go with it...Thanks God for Epidural's. It took me about 6 weeks not to feel sore, but was still a tender for another couple of weeks.Though It took me 14 weeks with my first to get back into the swing of things with hubby....I know poor fella.
The 2nd bubs I had not forceps, no drugs, nothing except a 2nd degree tear and it took me ten weeks to get back into it, thats only because at my 6 week checkup I was still sore and tender and my doc said my tear had re-opened, so I had to wait another 2-3 weeks before it healed completely and I waited an extra week just to be safe. Plus we were both too tired before then anyway..LOL.
Hopefully this time I have minimal if no tearing and get to walk around and sit down without feeling pain for those first weeks.
Keep having salt baths...it does help, even after the tear is healed, it just relaxes the muscles around the area and helps to not feel so tight and tender. Good Luck when you finally decide to "Get back into it".
Mel smile

Mel, SA, Jayden 10/02, Harley 08/04, Zoe 09/06

Hi sam

I had a vacuum n forceps delivery..I also had an episiotomy...im still a little tender down there where i was cut but other than that im ok.

I was quite sore n felt like you did for about 2 1/2-3 weeks after.

Pelvic floor excercises are probably the best thing u can do. but walking is also a good idea. I tried to do pelvic floor excercises as much as possible n they seemed to help smile .

Hope this helped tongue .

Bec xox
Thanks for all of your replies...I was a bit misinformed and was told I would be all healed and normal within two weeks!!! But have snce been told it will and can take a lot longer..... tis true, our bodies are amazing!

Thanks all.
Sign in to follow this topic