Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

waters broken...now what? Lock Rss

hey after some suggestions on how to get contractions to start?

this is bub #4 im due on the 31st and my waters ruptured this morning, saw the midwife who tested the fluid and monitored bub, she did a sweep too as my cervix is soft and 3cm dilated, I have to go back at 7am if I don't go into labour for more monitoring and then they'll decide if I can go another 24hrs or need a drip induction (which I very much want to avoid). all my other labours were pretty sudden, quick and my waters broke during labour so this is totally alien to me

that was at 8am this morning... I haven't had a single contraction though =/ even after 8 false labour starts and painful contractions last night (that stopped all of a sudden) I havnt even felt a niggle!

what can I do to wake my now suddenly lazy uterus up? lol =)
My theory is that feel good movies induce labour tongue Contractions are caused by the hormone oxytocin, which is also released during orgasm, breastfeeding, nipple stimulation or other enjoyable experiences... so I reckon go for a nice big walk, get some funny movies and laugh that baby out. You could even sit and do some hand expressing of your milk at the same time!

Good luck, hope you kick start labour soon and your little baby is here in a timely and safe manner smile

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I don't think they'll let you go too long. My waters ruptured at home at 2am tuesday and I saw my ob at 7am after being monitored. He was willing to let me go until wednesday morning around 9-10am before an induction as it can get risky if left too long. I went into natural labour tuesday evening around 5pm so thats 15 hours after waters. Generally natural labour doesn't take too longer after your waters go. Gravity helps. I walked around all day because I was sooo bored!
My natural labour went all night but by 10am the next morning I was given a very small dose of syntocin because it was just taking too long. Well that certainly sped things up because dd was born at 12.30pm.

I hit reply too quickly.

Wishing you the best of luck. I rekon it won't be long now. Just keep moving around!

No advice But had to jump on to wish you all the best Hun smile Not long now till you'll be holding your Precious baby smile xxx

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

yeah this is all odd to me, my others I had a sweep and each labour started within 12hours (2 hrs for my last bub) and all were born within 6hrs of labour starting. all natural no problems, no intervention. I don't want ANY induction, it quite frankly scares the shit out of me. my MW said shed be happy to wait 48hrs and maybe longer if theres no sign of infection and bubs happy, might go for a walk on the beach
Stairs, stairs and more stairs lol. With my 4th my waters broke naturally too all my other births they were ruptured for me during labour. I walked up and down 6 flights of stairs at the hossy and my son was born after a 21 minute labour grin. Good luck!

Sign in to follow this topic