Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Signs the couple days before labour kicked in?

Signs the couple days before labour kicked in? Rss

Hi everyone,

Im now 37 weeks and a couple days, and am just wondering what were the symptoms/or did you notice or feel anything different the day or two leading up to labour?

Can't wait to meet my little bundle!!

Thanks smile
As most people will say, everyone is so different and there aren't any 'sure signs' but for me, I had the plug (one off with my son the day before and over 2 weeks with my daughter), but the thing I remember the most was the huge increase in my Braxton hicks. I also had false labour starts with both my children. I'd be up all night writing down quite regular contractions, thinking this was it then by morning or after a walk or bath, they would settle again for another day...!

Mel+2 wrote:
With my first the day before my waters broke I needed to go to the loo a lot & had a big clean out, that was the only one for me as DS was a stubborn little thing & I was induced with him smile

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about 'the clean out!' Lol... I definitely had that too! Started thinking I was getting a tummy bug!!
Thanks guys for letting me know, 38 weeks and 1 day, and already feeling quite impatient sad
To be honest I had nothing. DD was born at 36 + 5.
The night before I had a bloody show and then my waters broke an hour later. More than 24hours later I went into active labour and she was born. From 32 weeks I was really really over it. My hands and feet started swelling and I got carpal tunnel in my hands. No other signs:)
Goodluck. Hope bubs arrives for you soon!

I was emotional for about a week leading up to labour starting. I would cry at the drop of a hat, which totally wasn't me at all wink I also had the "clean out"!
The day my fourth arrived I was taking the kids out on a family day (with Dad at work), it wasn't really noticeable but the baby didn't move much but I didn't think much of it- with 3 kids to look after in the shops! When I got home in the late afternoon I was really uncomfortable and later that night I started getting irregular contractions, thought they were BH. We went for a walk where I felt the baby drop, still thought nothing of it. Irregular contractions became more intense and my waters broke, at 10:30pm and 20 minutes later he was born.
R2_x wrote:
Hi everyone,

Im now 37 weeks and a couple days, and am just wondering what were the symptoms/or did you notice or feel anything different the day or two leading up to labour?

Can't wait to meet my little bundle!!

Thanks smile
I noticed that I went into a cleaning frenzy...I WAS LATER TOLD THAT THIS IS THE NESTING PROCESS FOR MUMS TO BE..it will start about a week or two before the little bundle of joy arrives...but make sure you don't do anything too strenuous like move furniture or llift anything heavy
39 weeks and 4 days and still waiting ;(
Sign in to follow this topic