Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

did u tear Lock Rss

i tore with ds as he didnt turn and both shoulders popped out together. i was almost home free and had got his head out with no tearing apparently.
he was a really good size too at 9lb 3oz

im wondering if u tore with ur first did u tear u scar with ur following births???
myne healed fairly well but it has left me a little tender and cautious of it during sex.
I tore worse with my first then I did with my second

I tore inside and outside with my first (7lb 4oz), not a scratch with my second (9lb 6oz) even though he got firmly stuck at the shoulders hahaha.
I had an em c-section with my first, but yep, I tore with the next two - I'm pretty sure I tore worse with DD1 than DD2 though.
Episiotomy with #1, tore with #2, both flat on my back. #3 no tears, birthed kneeling at the foot of the bed and listened to the midwives to slow down, etc...
I didn't tear with 9 pound 11 DD. Hoping for the same with this one!!
Ds - tore because his hand came out same time as his head. needed stiches, 8 pound 13, 4 hour total labour

Dd - no tearing, 9 pound 4, 21 minute total labour.

im curious now, a PP said she tore when she was laying flat on her back, i tore in that position too, i wonder if the position has anything to do with it? Dd i was on my hands and knees.

sorry to hijack your post but those who tore, what position where you in?

Ds - tore because his hand came out same time as his head. needed stiches, 8 pound 13, 4 hour total labour

Dd - no tearing, 9 pound 4, 21 minute total labour.

im curious now, a PP said she tore when she was laying flat on her back, i tore in that position too, i wonder if the position has anything to do with it? Dd i was on my hands and knees.

sorry to hijack your post but those who tore, what position where you in?

With DD1, I tore while kneeling over the bed, and with DD2 I was lying on my back - so it might not always be the position your in??
i tore with DD1 had 3 stitches - she was 8lb 9 and had her hand up by her face and was lying on my back with her (1 & 1/2 hrs pushing)

DD2 no tears just a teeny graze(never felt it)she was 9lb and her shoulders got a lil stuck MW had to give her a lil wiggle and i was on my knees leaning over the back of the bed.(40 mins pushing)

2nd time round was way easier and drug free, DD1 i had epidural n what not and feet in stirrups pushing

for me been able to feel it all helped and been told to pant/breathe through when she was crowning helped stretch the perinium preventing a tear
my MW also said been in the birthing pool before hand helped soften it all up
There was a big size difference between my kids both to the same dad.
DS didnt tear at all was squating when i had him - 6p 13oz
DD i did tear alot but i was kinda leaning over the tob of the bed as it was up in a sitting position - 9p 9oz
i couldnt lie on my back with my DS as he was posterior but there was still alot of pain to lie on my back with my DD too.
i guess it just has to do with your body everyone is different
DD#1 I tore laying on my back 1 stitch she was 8lb 10oz and I had to push her out fast because the cord was around her neck.
DS#2 no tear was on my back he was 11lb 5oz
I've only had the one but tore pretty badly. Was told second degree but the oB spent half an hour sewing me up and it took a long time to heal.

Just wanted to share and add I was also induced with my first and you are asking all the questions I want answers to too laugh
Sign in to follow this topic