Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

# 3 Arrival time + weight Rss

Just out of curiosity....my ob tells me each baby generally gets bigger than the one before. Already talking about inducing me @ 39 weeks for macrosomia (large baby) When did your bubs arrive and how much did they weigh?

Mine;

# 1 - 39 wks 4 days, 3.6kg
# 2 - 39 wks 3 days, 4kg
# 3 - ??
Interesting. I have only had two babies

1 - 39+5 and 3.4kg
2 - 37+1 and 3.1kg

Hope he/she comes a bit early =)
# 1 - 41 + 3 - 4.265kg
# 2 - 41 + 6 - 4.5kg
# 3 - 41 - 4.925kg
# 4 - will let you know around May smile

so far it's been true for me - good luck
I don't no in kilos lol
But dd1 40 weeks 7.5 pound
Dd2 +ds 37 weeks 5.11 pound and 5.8 pound

I always wondered if I had a singleton second what they would of weighed and when they would of come the twins were a Caesar so I knew the day they would be born took the surprise out sad
#1 - 40+3 - 3.9kg
#2 - 40+4 - 3.545kg
#3 - 41+3 - 3.77kg

Interestingly, my first was the earliest AND the heaviest. So not true in my case.

3 girls are enough...the shop is now shut!

I've only had two but:
DD#1 = 10lb 3oz/ 4.61kg 15 days overdue
DD#2 = 10lb 4oz/ 4.64kg 1 day overdue
For me I had
#1 7 lb 7oz
#2 8lb 3oz
#3 7lb 4oz
So my last was my smallest, but then I was very busy while pregnant with my last.
I would say looking at your timing with births... which I think is a good indication of long you bake your babies, then inducing at 39 weeks would be pointless.... why not leave you to go a few more days over that and have the ease of natural labour?

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

For me I had
#1 7 lb 7oz
#2 8lb 3oz
#3 7lb 4oz
So my last was my smallest, but then I was very busy while pregnant with my last.
I would say looking at your timing with births... which I think is a good indication of long you bake your babies, then inducing at 39 weeks would be pointless.... why not leave you to go a few more days over that and have the ease of natural labour?

Dansally - I totally agree! I think there is often any slight excuse given to induce in order organise the obs work- week! I guess it could make life easier with other young children to organise if you knew roughly when you were going to deliver - but I'd rather go when the bub is ready.
#1 9 days late. 11pounds/5kg
#2 4 days late. 8pounds 12.5ounces/3.98kg

Fingers crossed baby comes on its own early for you
I have worried about this too! I've only had one at 42+2 and she was 4.3kg!!
Mine were:

DD1 38 weeks 6pd
DS 41 weeks 8pd 8ozs
DD2 38 weeks 5pd 1oz
the size of your bubs doesnt seem to big too me..certainly not for a reason to induce huh
mine were all spontaneous as follows and were all around the 4kg mark i was never offered an early induction due to size
#1 41+1, 9 pd
#2 40+1, 8 pd 9ozs
#3 40, 8 pd 14ozs
Sign in to follow this topic