Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Anyone had a posterier labour/birth?

Anyone had a posterier labour/birth? Rss

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this?

My girl was posterier and although I went into labour expecting to cope with the pain and have a drug free birth I ended up having a epidural, at the time it was my best friend and it doesn't bother me at all that I didn't get my drug free birth, but I do wonder what it would of felt like when baby actually birthed, the epidural dose was lowered so I could feel when to push but I couldn't feel the pain at all. (had to have a episiotomy so in a way I'm thankful for that pain relief)

If you have had a posterier labour and a normal one what was the difference in pain?

thanks and sorry about the novel.
I havent had one, but i WAS one (hehehehe) im the youngest of 5 kids, and I was also the longest labour (24 hour labour all the others averaged 7) mum says the pain was 5 times worse than all her others and she really wishes the pethidine didnt run out! (sorry mum!)
All my labour/births were posterior.
I had drug free births for all of them. Except one which was foceps.
But i must say they were all very painful.
MIL said that all her babies were prosterier except one and the one that was the normal way was more painful
she has 7 kids
i have had two prosterior births.. the first took 26hrs and the second took 41hrs... the pain was enormous but i still did it drug free... although if i go again... i may not be so brave next time grin
My 1st daughter was, i had a 4 hour labour with no rips or tears, i had gas and in the end had pethadine as well, i had no idea she was posterier until afterwards when my midwife informed me how well i did!! ( think the pethadine had kicked in lol) smile
My DS came out posterior. Hurt like all hell! Drug free too but I was begging for the epidural towards the end but I was too far gone to have it. I was also seriously considering asking for a c-section (and I was dead set against having one before I went into labour), but again, too far gone.

I was in agony every contraction from my waist to halfway down to my knees, front and back. It was a 9 hour labour and quite a few swear words came out, especially when pushing. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. smile

i have no experience with this one..but i was just wondering, dont most posterior bubs turn during early labour?
hey
i had a posterior labour with DS which was 6weeks ago.

i laboured for 15hours with no pain relief apart from the occasstional puff on the gas which did nothing.
i had my heart set on a drug free natural birth but tht did not work out. as i didnt progress from 3cm and so was advised to have an epidural as they thought that might relax the muscles enough to allow DS to turn and i had the induction drip to help me progress but after a further 8hours i had only progressed to 6 cm and stayed there. and my temperature and heart rate were getting really high so had to have an emergency cs. and delivered a healthy 10pound boy

it was extremely painful and i dont think i would of coped for another how ever long it would of taken to get into active labour and push DS out. i think i done well going without for so long.

hopefully the nxt bubba i will be abe to have a natural drug free birth
both mine were posterior! ergh.

first one was a very long birth & ended up having a vac extraction.

second one was a lot more complicated, but ended up in an emergency c/sec - not becuase she was posterior tho - for other complictions

I have nothing to compare them to other than how it 'seems' others birth - seems a lot more straight forward & less painful than what i have endured.
Hello
My son was posterior but I did not find out until he was delivered. I had a 14 hour labour and had peth early on and the gas towards the end. I have not had any thing to compare with. My son was 4 weeks early and weighed 6pd 7oz. They kept asking if I had back pain. But I didn't. At the time I Thought it was an unusual question but afterward it clicked.
[quote name='triceratops' date='17 October 2011 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1318807663' post='3077435'] Just wondering if anyone can help me with this? My girl was posterier and although I went into labour expecting to cope with the pain and have a drug free birth I ended up having a epidural, at the time it was my best friend and it doesn't bother me at all that I didn't get my drug free birth, but I do wonder what it would of felt like when baby actually birthed, the epidural dose was lowered so I could feel when to push but I couldn't feel the pain at all. (had to have a episiotomy so in a way I'm thankful for that pain relief) If you have had a posterier labour and a normal one what was the difference in pain? thanks and sorry about the novel. I had a posterior labour with my son... I went 12 hrs with no epi and the remaining 10 with every kind of pain relief you can think of.. I dont think it compares to a normal delivery. Not saying that an anterior labour isnt painful but posterior is far worse. My mum had 1 normal delivery and 3 posterior.. She says herself that posterior is far worse. Ofcourse people who has never had such a long labour with the baby pressing on you spine will beg to differ. I pushed for 2 hrs (I was so exhausted it just wouldnt happen) so they lowered the epi to a very minimal strength where I felt like my soul was getting ripped out of my body.. I then had a vaccuum extraction and a episiotomy
Sign in to follow this topic