Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

needing advise Rss

on and off all day, ive had horrible back pain and as i was cleaning earlier i started cramping. it got so bad i had to stop what i was doing and the only comfortable position was on my hands and knees, keeping as still as possible. it lasted only a minute or two and my stomach was super hard at the time and it felt nothing like BH ive had before. that was about two hours ago but i havent felt anything that bad since.. that is my first bub so im not sure if it was just a random cramp or the start of labour. we're due in 5 days...

any ideas?
Hey smile
All labours are different, so I will just say..keep an eye on it..if the pain keeps happening every 5mins or less..go to the hospital as thats what I did! wink
Wish you all the best! grin
thanks heaps smile
turns out it was nothing though

on and off all day, ive had horrible back pain and as i was cleaning earlier i started cramping. it got so bad i had to stop what i was doing and the only comfortable position was on my hands and knees, keeping as still as possible. it lasted only a minute or two and my stomach was super hard at the time and it felt nothing like BH ive had before. that was about two hours ago but i havent felt anything that bad since.. that is my first bub so im not sure if it was just a random cramp or the start of labour. we're due in 5 days...

any ideas?

i see u said u were cleaning it may be your enhaling chemicals,unless there organic cleaners in that case keep an eye on it, might just be braxton hicks
Sounds just like some painful braxton hicks...it's a good sign that your body is preparing and changes are happening with your cervix. Don't worry of they happen again...just wait it out and you'll eventually know if you're in labour or not...in the mean time I always like to use those moments of "pain" and pretend i am in labour and figure out what helps with the pain and try different things before i am in ACTUAL labour. Here is also about good link i thought you might like to look at, http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/early-labour-tips-suggestions

Sign in to follow this topic