Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Midwifes in East Auckland/Birthcare

Midwifes in East Auckland/Birthcare Lock Rss

Hi

Not sure if this is the correct forum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any midwifes in the Howick/Pakuranga/Botany area.

My husband has Southern Cross insurance and I think they will pay for 3 days at Birthcare in Parnell. Not sure whether I am better to go here or to Botany Maternity (closer to home)

Thanks
hi,
i had Megan switzer she works from botany , seriously she is AWSOME!!! non judgemental in any way and always acts if you have a concern ... 10/10 from me
Hi there, I'm in the same area but have chosen to go to Birthcare in Parnell for this baby. My last was born at Auckland Hospital with the hope of transferring to birthcare. I chose this because everyone I knew who birthed at Middlemore of Botany Maternity had many complaints about the experience. Although the more mums I talk to now the more I meet who have had wonderful experiences at both.

I don't have a recommendation of midwife as such however just wanted to say that if you are a New Zealand citizen or resident Birthcare is free of charge. The only things you pay for are a single room instead of shared (although this is free too if you birth at Birthcare), food for any guests if they have meals with you and any phone calls you make. I am going with the midwife team at Birthcare this time around and so far they have been wonderful. It does mean going into Birthcare for every midwife appointment but I would rather travel that bit then go to Botany personally.
hi thanks for your replies. My friend went to Botany but ended up with complications and then ended up in Middlemore. I dont think I want that experience!

hi thanks for your replies. My friend went to Botany but ended up with complications and then ended up in Middlemore. I dont think I want that experience!

I know the feeling - I had a few complications with my last although I have a feeling some were caused my being in the hospital environment. I personally feel safer at Birthcare because I will be able to relax more not being in a hospital but knowing there is one a minute away if I need it.
I can't help you with midwives as I had an OB but I can tell you that birthcare Parnell is the best. The facilities are far newer than Botany and the food is great.
Sign in to follow this topic