Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Public Hospital rules Lock Rss

Me and DP were talking about this the other day and i wasnt sure.
It may differ with every hospital but what are the rules about ur DP or DH being at the hospital with during rest times?
When i was last in hospital they never kicked him out at night when visiting time ended but i think they did during the day so i could rest.
I was staying in a room with about 3 other women.
Does anyone know that actual rules or does visiting times just apply to friends and family members.
I know i hated being at the hospital alone just laying in bed with nothing to do.
Each hospital is different, our public hospital never kicks your partner out , but everyone has there own room/ no sharing, and each room has a double bed so your partner can stay over night..
Just check with your hospital for its rules as each will be different.

Each hospital is different, our public hospital never kicks your partner out , but everyone has there own room/ no sharing, and each room has a double bed so your partner can stay over night..
Just check with your hospital for its rules as each will be different.

thats awesome i wish my hospital was like that i think i was in one of the biggest rooms so hopefully this time will be different
I wish i was going there again...
I'm going to a bigger hospital this time and don't know what to expect,
Hopefully you get a small room and its a quite birthing week..

I wish i was going there again...
I'm going to a bigger hospital this time and don't know what to expect,
Hopefully you get a small room and its a quite birthing week..

yeh i dont think it will be quiet cos spring is a popular time for bubs i guess and i had my DS is winter and it was packed so i dont think they will argue with my if i wanna stay over night
With my daughter the hospital was quite relaxed. The only time I was alone was during the night. My partner would come in at 8 in the morning and would leave again between 10 and 11 each night. All other visitors started coming in around lunch time through till visiting ended. Although in saying that we had some visitors stay until nearly 10 a couple of nights before they were kicked out and visiting was supposed to have ended at 8.

I really have no idea whether there was a rest period with no visiting through out the day but they didn't seem to stick to it at all. However nearly everyone was in a single room (and they tried to keep only one person in each double room too). I would have gone completely crazy stuck in hospital for a week if made to stick to proper visiting hours!
The hospital I went to didn't allow partners and siblings in between 1:30 & 2:30 (our supposed rest time), or after 8pm - any other time was fine.
Our hospital well.....the day you have bubs they were alright dp could be there all day but at 8 his out!
Between 1 and 3 no one is allowed up there not even you dh or dp.
I can understand with shared rooms but when your in a private room I thought they would be different but nope.
But in saying that we had a few nurses on at times that were sooo good one a family friend and they were relaxed about it specially since I was the only one in the midwifery who had a baby the other people there were sick yes sick there was no room downstairs so they put men up in the midwifery in felt uncomfortable I really did.
Sorry gone a bit off topic there lol
i went to the rocky base hospital and the royal brisbane for my bubbys.

It depends on the hospital and the staff that are on that day/shift.
most are lenient with partners. but other family members and such i found were kicked out at rest times.
The hospital i went to, visiting hours were at like 9-1 and 3-8. But partners were allowed in before hours, during rest period and till about 10.

I think they were pretty strict on this because you actually have to be buzzed in to the wards. So when you buzz they make sure that its only the partner they let in, anyone else has to wait until visiting hours.
I had mine at the RBH (public) they were very strict about visiting times. 10am - 12pm then 3 - 8pm - no exceptions! However, everytime I tried to have a rest in the 'rest period' Dr's would come and bug me...
Sign in to follow this topic