Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Best books to read Rss

hi everyone,

i had quite a traumatic experience during labour and giving birth to my DD.
i read Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method and a whole heap of books on what to expect during pregnancy and birth but im wondering if there are any other really good books out there that i havent read. over the last year or so ive seen a few different ones mentioned but took no notice as i wasnt pregnant. now i'd like to know what ones you found to be really good. so please list them smile
Hey M2A+1ontheway !
The best one i read while pregnant was The New Active Birth by Janet Balaskas, its very empowering i found :)you can usually find cheap copies on ebay
xx

thanks for that. ive never heard of it but i'll look it up smile

anyone else know any others?
thanks for that. ive never heard of it but i'll look it up smile

anyone else know any others?
Ive read a couple fantastic books.. but they arent methods or anything.. its just pretty much explained the whole process to me so I dont have to worry

Pregnancy instruction manual - by Sarah Jordan - its fantastic for me as its written like a computer manual, and isnt in your face serious but has fantastic/valid advice.. worth a read smile
I highly recommend Birth Skills by Sarah Murdoch

she goes through several different methods of coping with the labour (active birthing mostly and distraction) but she also tells it is okay to have an Epi, it it gets to much. she did. I gave some of these things a go. but next time I want to be more Mobile, i Tried for a water birth with DD, had water labour but dryland birth, needed gravity to help tongue

still found i drew on what I had read in her book, tried visualization, vocalization was mostly used by me.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

One which I have heard about for a while but never bought it until recently is Birthing From Within by Pam England. It is my new MUST MUST read for ANY woman going to give birth, even if its her 3rd or more baby. The link that I have attached is a very cheap online bookstore which also does free shipping and you can also pay with Paypal <span class="emoticon wink">wink</span>

thank you very much for the suggestions and for that link!
Sign in to follow this topic