Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Lock Rss

Happy birthday Kel!!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Mum2Linc

I hope all of you with ms are coping ok. I've been feeling really queasy but havn't really been sick yet.

Had another scan this morning, got to see the little heart flickering away it was amazing!! :)hcg and progesterone levels are looking good too which was a relief. My ob still wants to keep an eye on me tho as my last miscarriage was at 13 weeks so I have to have blood tests 3 times a week to check my hormones are going up as they should and go and see him every week for an ultrasound smile
Hello January mummies!!!
Im also going to be a jan mum just had my first scan today 6 weeks 5 days kinda really excited this will be our first child and we have been trying for almost 2 years so yeh Ive been told Jan 5 will be the due date cant wait to find out what Im having and more pictures but when I had my scan 2day I saw his or her lil heart beat and it was pretty strong!!!!
Hello everyone, thanks for sharing all your stories. Makes us first-timers feel a bit more reassured!

Into week 7 and I'm getting nausea and every now and then a bit of dry reaching, but no actual vomitting. From other people's posts this doesn't seem out of the ordinary. It's funny that I almost want myself to be sick just to be sure the little one is still hanging on in there! Only problem is I'm a court lawyer, so I'm worried about having to run out of court in the middle of a case.

The main symptoms have been my hissy fits! Happy one minute then crying the next, then yelling. Poor husband has tried to come help with the cooking but instead he burnt my hand. Last night though he could tell I was feeling unwell so he got up to get me some water. I think he'll stick to fixing the house up a bit for our new arrival, that's what he's best at.
Hi all, well I am a bit scared I just checked my fasting blood glucose and it was high ALREADY so I went online about how early it can happen and read all these horrible things one being “the risk of birth defects, especially heart defects, is higher if your blood sugar was high during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy, when your baby's body was being formed”! Now I’m so worried something is going to go wrong I have a doc app this afternoon so hopefully they will give me a referral to the hospital and I can get some insulin ASAP. God now I’m just thinking about the ice cream I ate the other night and the nachos the night before that!

Hope everyone else is ok!

Hi all, well I am a bit scared I just checked my fasting blood glucose and it was high ALREADY so I went online about how early it can happen and read all these horrible things one being “the risk of birth defects, especially heart defects, is higher if your blood sugar was high during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy, when your baby's body was being formed”! Now I’m so worried something is going to go wrong I have a doc app this afternoon so hopefully they will give me a referral to the hospital and I can get some insulin ASAP. God now I’m just thinking about the ice cream I ate the other night and the nachos the night before that!

Hope everyone else is ok!

Rachel8me!!!! Google is evil lol don't google because all sorts of nasties pop up and make u go crazy!! Trust me I've been there smile just talk to ur doc and have faith that everything will b fine smile

Sounds like everyone is moody as all hell smile glad it's not just me! MS hasn't hit yet but still a few days off 6 weeks.
My 2 year old has started talking to my tummy and kissing it. Very cute. Anyone got any advice on how to get DS out of my bed b4 the new baby arrives? His cot is in our room still as he falls asleep in our bed then I put him in his bed till he wakes up at about 3 or 4 then he comes back in our bed. I know I know bad habits but I breastfed till he was 14mths and he was a piggy so always wanted to feed so it was easier for me at the time. Now not so much.

Any advice would be appreciated smile

Rachel8me!!!! Google is evil lol don't google because all sorts of nasties pop up and make u go crazy!! Trust me I've been there smile just talk to ur doc and have faith that everything will b fine smile

Sounds like everyone is moody as all hell smile glad it's not just me! MS hasn't hit yet but still a few days off 6 weeks.
My 2 year old has started talking to my tummy and kissing it. Very cute. Anyone got any advice on how to get DS out of my bed b4 the new baby arrives? His cot is in our room still as he falls asleep in our bed then I put him in his bed till he wakes up at about 3 or 4 then he comes back in our bed. I know I know bad habits but I breastfed till he was 14mths and he was a piggy so always wanted to feed so it was easier for me at the time. Now not so much.

Any advice would be appreciated smile

You are so right, google is evil lol! I'm terrible for doing that and I always end up feeling worse off than when I started. I need to take that advise too smile

Assuming DS has his own room, I'd say just cold turkey put him there. You'll have maybe a week of really rubbish sleep but in the end you'll have the result you want. He's probably old enough to buy into a 'Big Bed Fairy' or something like that where you could tell him that he's a big boy now and is going to have his own bed. Maybe let him pick a new duvet cover or a special toy that could go in his new bed with him. A good tip a friend gave me when I moved my DS into a big boy bed was to roll up a blanket and tuck it in underneath there sheet next to them so they don't fall out. No need for a saftey sleep or rail that you then have to wean them off later.
Hope that helps a little! Everyone is different though, and what worked for me might not for you so just go with what feels right smile

Rachel, just think at least you picked it up early so it can be managed which means I'm sure none of the horror stories you read online will be true for you! Hope all goes well at the doctors. You've got me craving nacho's now too by the way wink

Scan went well today. Definitely only 1 bubba, hurray! She said I have a cyst on one of my ovaries which is relatively normal in pregnancy and that she could see a small area where she thinks that my bleed may have come from and that it was most likely implantation bleeding as originally thought. I find it a bit funny seeing the babe at this early stage, they could pretty much tell me that any of the blobs on the screen was the baby and I'd believe them. Heartbeat was 140 which was the same as my DS, wonder if I'll have a boy again???
Awesome news mum2linc smile can't wait to c my little blob lol thanks for the advice too. I'm gonna give it a go, it's so hard even thinking about it sad I know it has to b done though. When's ur little bub due? I'm 6 weeks Friday and I'm feeling bloated and like I'm popping out already!! I've heard that u show sooner with ur 2nd but come on not this soon smile also my back is killing me!!! I feel like I'm 7mths pregnant lol didn't get no aches or pains at the start with DS but it was 3 years ago so everythings a blur now.

Christie

Awesome news mum2linc <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> can't wait to c my little blob lol thanks for the advice too. I'm gonna give it a go, it's so hard even thinking about it <span class="emoticon sad">sad</span> I know it has to b done though. When's ur little bub due? I'm 6 weeks Friday and I'm feeling bloated and like I'm popping out already!! I've heard that u show sooner with ur 2nd but come on not this soon <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> also my back is killing me!!! I feel like I'm 7mths pregnant lol didn't get no aches or pains at the start with DS but it was 3 years ago so everythings a blur now.

Christie

I'm 7 weeks today - due date from today's scan is now 5th Jan. I know what you mean about popping out already! There's already a couple of pairs of trousers I can't bear to put on at the moment because they feel so tight & uncomfortable. I've had a couple of friends say that it all comes quicker in the first trimester but settles down again in the 2nd so here's hoping <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Sorry to hear you've got a sore back already. I know it won't be long before mine kicks in too but this early is a bit unfair! Lots of back rubs from the man about the house? lol

Go for it with the sleeping arrangements!! It will all be over and done with before you know it & you'll be wondering what you were worrying about
Rachel, Deff don't Google lol - more stress then its worth, but I hope the doctors appointment went ok smile

No morning sickness here yet but I generally dont start till about 8 weeks so I have a few more weeks grace. If it makes you feel better Hannah, I was managing a cafe when I was pregnant with the girls so more often then not in the middle of serving a customer I had to just run to the office to be sick into a bin or what ever I could find, gross I know but better then all over a customer, not sure what you can do in court though, just make sure you have lots of small frequent (healthy) snacks, I find that if I eat the sickness sort of stops. Though with the girls I resorted to acupuncture as I got really bad.

Christie, I would go cold turkey to into his own room, I would do it sooner so he has time to adjust and you aren't getting up to two children lol. I can't remember who suggested it, but going shopping for their own quilt covers and sheets is really helpful in getting them enthusiastic about going to bed in their new bed. Lots of praise and excitement helps to smile and dont worry I feel like I have popped to :/ I already have to have my belt looser, god help me by the time I get to 12 weeks and beyond lol.

So far I am just so buggered 3pm hits and I could fall asleep, doesn't help when I do most of my work at night and my back and boobs are killing me (doesn't help when you get hit by a 2.5yr old) all fun and games though. Hopefully i will get around to getting my blood tests next week, then the big decision on where to have bubs begins.

Hey all,

I'm due on the 31st of December 2011 and it's SO nice to be talking to women who are roughly as far along as I am. I swear all I see is people who are almost due!
I'm so excited as this is my first and I can't wait till I'm 13 weeks - lots of planning ahead grin

Does anybody else feel like they just 'know' what gender their bubs is gonna be, I swear I'm having a girl.

smile x
Congratulations Maddy, with the girls I had a feeling, this time im not to sure, I guess its because obviously I would love a boy with two girls already so I am not thinking about it lol. But I know up until 20 weeks its the only question Im going to be asked 'Are you hoping for a boy' lol.

Though girls are great wink

Natty and mum2linc god help us all come 12 weeks lol at the rate I'm going I'm gonna put on 40kgs with this one!!! I put on 28 with Tyler but as soon as I had him I lost about 3/4 of it as I had pre eclampsia so mostly fluid I guess but this time I'm just sooooo hungry!!! Even as I write this I'm thinking about food smile
Ok so gonna try the cold turkey thing but can I b honest ... I think I'm gonna miss having the little gremlin in my bed :'( it's like the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one I guess. My little baby is gonna b a big boy... sad

Maddy Congrats and welcome!!
Such an exciting time ahead smile. I kinda knew with my son all along and the 20 week scan just confirmed it was a boy. Have fun doing all those online quizzes trying to predict the gender if u get a chance. So fun smile

Sign in to follow this topic