Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Rss

hi there girls
well its a beautiful day on the central coast.. loving the weather.
Bubbone.. glad you still have a girl.lol, im hoping we still have a boy.lol
WE are not suppose to be huge, so i dont care what people say. Im still kinda small , i have an appointment tomorrow so ill see if we have grown since last one. im so happy for you to have seen your baby again, i cant wait to meet mine.
kelbel.. 4 weeks to go, not long now, its hard when you have to run around after the others, i get so tired by the end of the day, i even feel like a nanna nap by 2.30pm, but have to pic little one up by 3 so bad luck for me...
well i hope everyone is well and it will be nice to start hearing of our jan bubs being born soon... cant wait to hear everybody's labour stories.
Yay for bub no measuring much bigger kelbel smile fx for a nice little 7-8lb for u!! I havnt used it but hve heard so many great stories about acupressure/acupuncture! Worth a shot definately!

Im with u zpunkette, love birth stories, cnt wait for the first babies to start arriving!! So want my baby but happy to wait until pretty close to my due date n get chrissy n stuff out of the way first!

So tired and cranky lately, my fuse is super short and i swear Seth can tell and is just pushing my buttons something wicked, makes me fweel like a terrible mum, im always snapping at him!

Dr apt went well the other day checking my iron again in a week and if its still low they will talk about giving me in iron infusion... Doesnt sound. Overly pleasant but sure its worth it! Think low iron s partly to blame for my tiredness n crankiness...doesnt help i dnt eat good enough dinners most nights, can never find energy to cook a decent meal just for me...one week until DF is hme though... YAY!!

Hey ladies - hope everyone is well and slowly getting ready for xmas and relaxing before the silly season and new bubs!

Kelbel3 I used accupuncture for induction with our little man and am using it again this time. I found it really relaxing (having a break from little man in the quiet this time has been wonderful he he) and it worked for me. They were threatening to induce me with our 1st @ 38wks so I started accupuncture @ 36 1/2wks so she told me being my 1st bub and so early it would take a few goes. After the 1st appt. I could feel him engage (thought I was in labour - yeah right!) and then 4 appt. later he arrived. I had some fairly aggressive accupuncture apparently but I still found it relaxing and Im sure with all the stress of threatened medical induction it took a little longer to work that it could have. I also credit accu. for such a quick labour (not even 10hrs from 1st contraction with a big 1st bub) and it was full on from the beginning and didnt stop - unlike medical induction for a lot of people. My accupunctuist usually starts @ 34wks to slowly start ripening the cervix so that if they want to induce it is more likely to work efficiently and then starts the proper induction @ 38wks. I had my 1st appt on friday morning and will go weekly until the end. Im also going to get a few massages between now and the birth as I figure anything that helps with relaxation helps bub to come more easily And of course hubby has his own ideas on what works - but I can assure U his favoured method didnt work last time! Just find someone who is experienced in accupuncture induction and you're all set. My appt. are almost totally covered by health insurance as well so only cost $15 which is a bonus.

Scan for placenta went well last wk - after needing to do an internal as she thought it was still a little low she confirmed that it wasnt. She also checked size and it looks like we're having a light weight this time - estimated birth weight is 3.7 - 3.8kg. Which will be fantastic for the birth but I did sort of want another go @ having a big baby and not having all the intervention we had last time - maybe next time! Have midwives this afternoon and then OB next wk where hopefully we will discuss more about his plan with the birth now that he knows the size roughly. We're written our 'birth plan' and Im starting to pack our bags for the hospital. Still debating on a name though which is frustrating but Im sure it will all come together in the end.

Had our last child free weekend this weekend for @ least 12 months and really made the most of it - went to dinner and a movie on friday, then did hubby's xmas shopping for his nephews on saturday and had a BBQ @ ours with friends, then went out for breaky yesterday and then couldnt resist putting up our little man's bunks which arrived last week - now we have to keep them a very big secret until his birthday in feb! Very productive weekend in all. Unfortunately I had the worst night's sleep all 3 nights - always the way even when there is no toddler to wake you!

ANyway hope everyone is well and time keeps flying buy!
Hi Jan Mummies smile
Just bumping the thread to see how everyone is...
I'm travelling ok feeling sore & sorry for myself but not long now Jan is just around the corner...

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

Hi mummies!!

well i haven't posted in a bit. i had a scan last week (34weeks) and they est bub at 2.6kgs....slightly bigger then average but DD was slightly bigger then average born, so no surprise if our little boy is a chubby bub too smile

I'm still working and doing well. i do sit on my butt most of the day tho...so not too hard on my body!

getting over strangers giving me advice on newborns when my DD isn't with me...they all assume i am a first time mum and start dishing out the info until i say politely this is my 2nd....they stop quickly thank god!!!

Also over strangers giving me weird looks when they ask how far along..and then when i answer they say...oh you will go early...as they all thing i am HUGE...i feel big but not HUGE sad

Not too much pain thankfully, and the summer has been so kind to me...newcastles weather has been perfect and sometimes cold!! so the swollen ankles and feet have been kept to a minium!!

i hope everyone else is doing well xoxo

hi ladies hope every one doing well and all ready for xmas!( im not!)

well not much news here just getting big and ready for the lil lady to come im really dreading if she goes over due now. my DD was a chubby 8lb 9 and a wk early so makes me worried bout how big shel get if i go overdue unsure what are all the natural ways of helping kick start labour that anyone knows of? im going to try them all! want to avoid being induced this time!

had my MW appiontment last wk everything looks good shes still head down back on left side feet out the right - have to keep pushing those lil feet back in its gets sore sometimes! she was in the exact same position last visit aswell 4wks ago. so see MW again next wk now.

my car is in at the machanics at the moment just wouldnt start a few wks ago had to get it picked up as couldnt tow it into town, then get a txt from my DH saying there was a flipping RATS NEST up under the car and they had chewed through the f***** wires!!!! apparently they killed one the size of a cat blink so there goes another 1500 on damn car!! arrgghh y is it that you always get bills when you least need them angry

oh and locked my keys in my truck the other weekend when picking up dinner - long story short there was me standing next to truck with dominos pizza having a hormonal break down crying lol nice couple come help me (lady thought i might of been in labour!)lol cars and me being pregnant dont mix at the moment!!

anyway enough of my venting!
hope everyone keeping well and enjoy xmas grin
Hey ladies! its been a while since i was on here... been absolutely swamped lately. finally have time. now ive completed my Advanced diploma and diploma just in time! woo! and we just finished our baby, labour and parenting course. DF was so sweet he came to all the breastfeeding classes with me was so nice, he was the only male, everyone else came solo or with the grandma-to-be.. but hey i love his support smile 36weeks we are, feeling so close now! we cant wait.. just trudging or should i say waddling along to pick up the last bits n pieces like blankies, swaddles and some more nursing clothes for me smile .

kellee*n*olivia*n*bump dont worry.. im copping it aswell! seems everyone has an opinion about how HUGE and BIG i am.. i feel big aswell.. and i am quite short soo i look very round but yeah hearing the similar "oh my you will drop early because you cant possibly get any bigger?" so chin up and just ignore them and rant away on here haha its what i do! or i politely announced on facebook that people should stop using the word fat and huge in relation to my belly as it is perfect and we are not fat or too big and those people are just judgemental.. may have been a bit harsh but hey those bring it on themselves.

Good gosh were all getting close!! good luck ladies! we've all come so far! excitement now! grin xo vee
Hello Mommies smile

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all. May all our babies arrive on time and safe. I'm sure that the new year will be filled with lots of blessings smile

Hope everyone is well. Wow not long to go now, some of you must be really close by now. I'm 35 weeks and have 5 working days left till I go on leave (Yay) and about 5 weeks till due date.

Had my midwife appointment last week. Everything is great, finally measuring on target again after getting my blood sugar under control. The diabetic midwife is also really happy with my sugar levels.

We're having another scan at 37 weeks (2nd January) and then have an appointment with the OB in the afternoon to decide if they are going to induce me. They said they won't let me go over my due date because of the gestational diabetes.

Sleeping is becoming more and more difficult. I wake up sore, but I guess that's expected.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm starting to get really excited, can't hold to meet my bubs for the first time and to hold him in my arms.

Have a great day all and I hope you're spending it with lots of family and friends.

This will be our last Christmas alone so hubby and I are going out for a picnic.

Hi Jan Mums smile

Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday.. I am glad Christmas has come and gone now the countdown begins until baby is due 9 days to be exact grin Just a little excited can't wait to meet our little baby..

I went on Friday and had an acupuncture treatment it went well I think.. During the treatment I had lots of braxton hicks and felt like baby moved down further. That night I lost a bit of my plug and over the las 3 days I have lost more so I feel like it at least did encourage things a little.. At my last midwife appt she said baby was 4/5ths engaged which is promising..

I don't have my next midwife appt until my due date.. I have asked to have a stretch and sweep which she is happy to do.. I have been getting lots of braxton hicks, period pain and lower back pain so I guess the body is preparing and hopefully it won't be a long now...

Hope everyone else is well and all the best for the coming weeks smile

Hi ladies - well surprise surprise ...... After trying everything to bring on a natural labour with our 1st and him still coming 3 days late ..... Our 2nd little man arrived very quickly yesterday. Went to hospital @ 9am as wasn't sure if I was having contractions or not as they were very low and also in my back - very different . Also had a bit of pink discharge that didn't look like the usual 'show'. Got there and we were 6-7cm and were told to come back in an hr and no later. Little Sam Patrick was born @ 1.06pm weighing a teeny tiny (for us) 3.85kg. Pushing stage took what seemed like ages but that and strange contractions were explained when our little man arrived face up (posterior). Had felt that he was in an odd position but noone had actually picked up on it until we were pushing - midwives did have trouble last few appt. figuring out exactly where he was.
Got to use the bath and everything this time which was great. Accipuncturist gave me a handout on acupressure pain relief and there are a cluster of them around the lower spine & tail bone - hubby was a real synic but used it and they were so effective! Definitely worth tracking down some info for the labour bag.
Oh and a word of advice - if u haven't packed ur bag yet do it! We had planned to pack bags, put capsule in car and paint stand for snugglebed yesterday after getting Home from Xmas the afternoon before - needless to say the bags were a last minute rush, the capsule hubby did last night and the stand/bed frame will happen by the weekend. Oops.

Hi ladies - well surprise surprise ...... After trying everything to bring on a natural labour with our 1st and him still coming 3 days late ..... Our 2nd little man arrived very quickly yesterday. Went to hospital @ 9am as wasn't sure if I was having contractions or not as they were very low and also in my back - very different . Also had a bit of pink discharge that didn't look like the usual 'show'. Got there and we were 6-7cm and were told to come back in an hr and no later. Little Sam Patrick was born @ 1.06pm weighing a teeny tiny (for us) 3.85kg. Pushing stage took what seemed like ages but that and strange contractions were explained when our little man arrived face up (posterior). Had felt that he was in an odd position but noone had actually picked up on it until we were pushing - midwives did have trouble last few appt. figuring out exactly where he was.
Got to use the bath and everything this time which was great. Accipuncturist gave me a handout on acupressure pain relief and there are a cluster of them around the lower spine & tail bone - hubby was a real synic but used it and they were so effective! Definitely worth tracking down some info for the labour bag.
Oh and a word of advice - if u haven't packed ur bag yet do it! We had planned to pack bags, put capsule in car and paint stand for snugglebed yesterday after getting Home from Xmas the afternoon before - needless to say the bags were a last minute rush, the capsule hubby did last night and the stand/bed frame will happen by the weekend. Oops.

How exciting Jan Babies have started to arrive!!

Congratulations cazmaz on the birth of your son Sam Patrick grin It sounds like you had a great labour... How is he fitting into the family I bet your other son is very excited .. Did you do anything to try and get things started or did it all start on it's own? All the best hope he is feeding well and letting you get some rest smile

OMG! Congratulations cazmaz! Sounds like a much nicer labour and delivery for you!

So funny i was just heading in here to say i cnt believe there could be babies arriving any minute and the first bub beat me too it lol

Things are soundsing good for you too kelbel, im very tempted to see if there is an accupuncturist in town that deals with pregnancy...sounds worthwhile! Like the idea of the pressure ppoints in labour too!

Officially 'term' tomorrow (my ticker is out by a day but cnt be bothered changing it haha) getting soo excited! Had a fantastic holiday away now need to finish unpacking the clean the house, wash all the baby clothes, finish bubs room etc, going to be a busy few weeks!

Congrats again cazmaz, cnt believe your little man is here smile

Sign in to follow this topic