Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Rss

Morning Ladies smile

Well baby has decided that is time to play under my ribs & kick me down there... Is anyone else getting this yet? Got to love when it feels like baby is trying to burrow it's way out.. wink

I am really looking forward to finishing work and starting to get all the baby stuff organised. I think that we will set the cot up in our bedroom and not bother with a bassinet. I have a lot of things stored that i will need to go through and sort out too.

How is everyone going with names? We still haven't found anything that we really like lucky there is still plenty of time to think of one. Mind you it doesn't feel that far away 9wks and with Christmas just around the corner it is going really quickly. I still need to go out and do some christmas shopping. I think i will attempt to do it all at once a bit crazy but then it is all done .

Hope everyone is well & baby's are busy smile

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

hi ladies hope everyones doing great! been really quite on here! well 27 wks now 13 more to go woohhoo! time is just flying buy fast as, still havent even got anything for this little girl but have almost everthing from our first daughter will just need to get a car seat, another stroller with a toddler seat and just those last minute odd bobs smile will be nice this time round to get girl nb size clothes for her (our DD was a surprise).

am starting to think more about birth plan now, watched this really nice homebirth video on www.birthstories.co.nz made me want to consider trying a homebirth this time round and that way our DD can be there when her sisters born. still 50-50 on it so next visit with my MW will drag hubby along to talk about it - hes not to keen on the homebirth idea so hopefully talking to the midwife will make him more ok about it!
anyone else considering homebirth this time round?

this little lady is really active now feels like shes constantly moving, getting the little elbows or feet poking out now love to lie there n watch my tummy roll around tongue my hips n groin are getting really sore n achy now just standing doing dishes n what not they start aching very anoying tlked to my midwife said my hips are probly out so will have to book a ap with the ostiopath fingers crossed that works!

3rd trimester here we cme!
(watch 'a babys touch' on www.birthstories.co.nz most amazing story ever made me bawl!)
Hello Mommies smile

Hope everyone is still doing well. Yay - 28 weeks today grin

Still dont have any complaints. Having lots of braxton hicks and baby is also kicking like crazy. Loving every moment. It's so cool watching my tummy move.

Been really busy shopping for baby stuff. Bought the cot and change table last night. Hope to get it this weekend.

Going for the glucose test tomorrow. Midwife visit on monday and then seeing her every 2 weeks. Gonna book a 4 D scan soon, cant wait to see our little man again.

We still havent decided on a name huh

Have a fantastic weekend.

Who else on here is from NZ? Anybody from Auckland? cool

Good morning smile

Cazmaz nice to hear that your holiday was nice and relaxing smile Congrats on passing the GCT.. Will your OB let you try to have a natural delivery? Is there any reason you would have problems with this delivery?

Hi Kelbel3 - We'll see what happens @ the next appt. in 2 wks with OB. He's going to scan to make sure that the placenta has continued to move up, which he's confident it will have, and he'll also check the size. If the size is around our little man's (4.32kg) he said there is likely to be issues with a natural birth. I checked with our fav. OB (who doesnt deliver @ the public anymore) before we stopped seeing him @ 20wks and he had also said that shoulder distocia is more likely to occur again if it has already happened so we have it from 2 sources which is reassuring. I've also done some reading (as no-one really explained much about shoulder distocia to us - because we didnt know it had happened until our 6wk check) and because the baby is stuck and compressing the cord it starves them of oxygen which can lead to brain damage or death in bad cases and it can compress nerves in the shoulder and arm and cause some form of palsy as well - in short we were luckier with our little man than I thought and I now understand why they were so concerned with getting him out. The OB is most concerned I think because we needed the vaccuum and manipulation to get him out and also because his heart rate had been droping to 60bpm - given that it could happen again I think he's keen to do whats safe. I have a few friends who are midwives and they've said if this OB says we need a CS then we really do as he's not keen on them. Am just majorly freaked out about the recovery time - hate being dependant on people! And Im not sure when he will do it given the xmas break - we're supposed to travel to my fam this year (only 1hr away) but not sure if Ill be doing that if Ive had a CS a few days before.

Would be keen to hear anyone elses experience of CS and any handy hints and tips and all the basics - the more info the better prepared we'll be if he says thats what needs to happen.

Hi Kelbel3 - We'll see what happens @ the next appt. in 2 wks with OB. He's going to scan to make sure that the placenta has continued to move up, which he's confident it will have, and he'll also check the size. If the size is around our little man's (4.32kg) he said there is likely to be issues with a natural birth. I checked with our fav. OB (who doesnt deliver @ the public anymore) before we stopped seeing him @ 20wks and he had also said that shoulder distocia is more likely to occur again if it has already happened so we have it from 2 sources which is reassuring. I've also done some reading (as no-one really explained much about shoulder distocia to us - because we didnt know it had happened until our 6wk check) and because the baby is stuck and compressing the cord it starves them of oxygen which can lead to brain damage or death in bad cases and it can compress nerves in the shoulder and arm and cause some form of palsy as well - in short we were luckier with our little man than I thought and I now understand why they were so concerned with getting him out. The OB is most concerned I think because we needed the vaccuum and manipulation to get him out and also because his heart rate had been droping to 60bpm - given that it could happen again I think he's keen to do whats safe. I have a few friends who are midwives and they've said if this OB says we need a CS then we really do as he's not keen on them. Am just majorly freaked out about the recovery time - hate being dependant on people! And Im not sure when he will do it given the xmas break - we're supposed to travel to my fam this year (only 1hr away) but not sure if Ill be doing that if Ive had a CS a few days before.

Hi Cazmaz,
It sounds like you have done your homework... If both your current OB and fav OB have the same opinion that a CS is your best option then I think it is wise to be guided by their experience and expertise. At the end of the day we all just want a healthy baby and if that means having a CS then go for it. Recovery of course will be slower than a VBAC but Im sure that will be the last thing on your mind when you are cuddling your new addition smile All the best for you appt in 2wks hopefully things are as they should be...

Things with me are good.. Baby is very active and starting to poke me in the ribs. My sciatica has decided to start playing up too much to my disappointment I was really hoping it would stay away. The next 8wks I'm sure will fly and being that this will be my last pregnancy I should try and enjoy the good moments as much as I can. It is hard to believe we will all be holding our new little babies really soon.. Hope everyone is well take care xx

Hey mummas smile it's been a while! How's everyone traveling? Can't believe how fast time is flying by. In 31 weeks this Thursday and honestly feel bigger and more uncomfortable than I did with my DS at 37 weeks when I had him. I think this little girls gonna b a fatty smile. How's everyone else feeling about the upcoming births of our babies? I haven't started getting nervous yet but I'm starting to worry that I won't make it to the hospital on tine because with my DS I was induced and had him in 3 hours and I've been told to half the time for this one by all my Drs and midwifes ? plus I'm not sure if I'll know when I'm in labour because last time as I was induced I was already in hospital so they had me hooked up to all sorts of machines so I told my DH as soon as I feel a twinge thins time I'm racing to the hospital just in case lol

Hey mummas smile it's been a while! How's everyone traveling? Can't believe how fast time is flying by. In 31 weeks this Thursday and honestly feel bigger and more uncomfortable than I did with my DS at 37 weeks when I had him. I think this little girls gonna b a fatty smile. How's everyone else feeling about the upcoming births of our babies? I haven't started getting nervous yet but I'm starting to worry that I won't make it to the hospital on tine because with my DS I was induced and had him in 3 hours and I've been told to half the time for this one by all my Drs and midwifes ? plus I'm not sure if I'll know when I'm in labour because last time as I was induced I was already in hospital so they had me hooked up to all sorts of machines so I told my DH as soon as I feel a twinge thins time I'm racing to the hospital just in case lol

Hi ladies smile
It is so quiet on here sad

Hi cs82 I have been thinking a lot about the birth lately ... My labours have got shorter each time 10hrs, 5hrs & 3hrs so I am hoping we make it to the hospital in time. I have been watching the TV series One born every minute and it has been bringing back memories of labour lol.. I find myself crossing my legs a lot...

I was induced with 2 of my labours so was really worried I wouldn't recognise the signs of going into labour but I found once it did start it all came flooding back. Trust me you will know wink..

Hope everyone is well... I have my next midwife appointment on Monday so am looking forward to seeing how everything is progressing smile

hi to all us Jan mums
well im feeling really full of baby at the moment, have heartburn, trouble sleeping and fully stretched.. baby is moving all the time, pushing and pulling my stomach every which way. starting to really bond with the baby now and im counting down the weeks till we meet. Im starting to think about labor and im getting abit scared. I know that once its over its over and a part of me tells me to enjoy every minute but the other part is fear.. i know im being silly because the baby has to come out but cant help but worry. enough of my whinging... Im truly pregnant
HI all - hope everyone is well!

All is well our end except for the heat suddenly creeping up on us - I seem to really feel it when Im pregnant and it really drains me which Im not liking @ all. I much prefer being full of energy and busy!

Have been speaking to a midwife trained in calmbirth (which we did the classes for with our little man) and am meeting with her @ some stage before our appt. with the OB next wk so that we can go through all the nitty gritty details of having a c-section so that I can get my options and preferences in order just in case he decides thats the way we're heading. Have also re-read my calmbirth book and am about ready to start practising the relaxtion once I borrow the CD (lost my ipod on hols so no longer have the tracks we got @ the classes worst luck). I've also booked in for my accupuncture from 34wks to prepare for birth. In my head I am being optimistic that we will have a natural birth so Im doing all the prep for that but still making sure we have all the info for c-section just in case. DH even got a book out and started reading it this week - although its about becoming a dad rather than about birth. He said he's not really keen to read the birth books he'd prefer to talk with me about what worked last time and what didnt and then write our plan rather than read about it so thats what we'll be doing.

Woke up last night with the most painful stomach cramp - not a braxton hicks as it was in one exact spot and absolutely nowhere else - like a leg cramp which I get in summer a bit. It was a little weird to get one in my abdomen though.

Kelbel I must have been rambling the other day and didnt read over my post as we were told by fav OB we'd likely have 4.5kg and no problems natural but are getting the impression from delivering OB that he's not keen to go natural with anything bigger than 4kg. Like I said tho Im trying to be optimistic whilst still being prepared and I guess we'll find out what will be best next wk.

Anyway hope everyone is well and fingers crossed time starts to really fly fly fly these next 8wks!
Hi first time in forum. I'm having twins in Jan, is anyone else? I'm due at the end of Jan but expect to go in the middle though.
just wanted to know if there a facebook group for us jan mums to join??
Hey mummies....well i haven't written in like forever!!

i'm almost 30weeks and it's starting to hit home that we are soon going to have another baby....like duh....but i think it has actually sunk in haha

DD who is 3 and a half is super excited and everytime i pick up my car keys she askes if it is time to push the baby out smile at the midwife appt's she is always the helper and my midwife is great about it, she lets DD help with my blood pressure test, measuring my belly and the doppler...DD says she is going to be a nurse....i love having her so involved!

I thought DD would be jealous of her little brother when he arrives but she seems jealous over DH...everytime DH tries to have bonding time with my belly, like feeling bubs kick...DD rushes over and says he isn't doing it right and he should just leave the baby alone....oh dear blink

Since the weather heating up, my feet have started to swell and i'm loosing any extra engery i had sad

our little boy is still nameless too sad

I'm still hoping to work till 37weeks and i think i will manage it. but its going to be tiring!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Sign in to follow this topic