Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Same name within extended family

Same name within extended family Rss

Hi,

I don't know what I am having but if it is a girl I really like the name Nichola for a girl. But my cousin has a little boy and his name is Nikolas.

In your opinion do you think this is stepping on toes?

daisyhallestorm

if you love the name - go for it

i wanted to name imogen Jordanna, but my best friends were having a baby and calling her jordanna, in the end they had a boy and called him jordan (the scan was wrong) and we arent friends anymore - i am regretting not calling her that, so dont worry about it, it might be a different story if you both had the same name, but they are different

TRINA, ZANE (both 22) imogen 12.11.04, Eden 23.11.

Hi Catdaz,

Go for it. Really, I am pregnant the same time as lot of people I know and I think there is no "reserving" names and how often do you see this other family member? If it is only 4 - 5 times years it doesn't matter... It is a gorgeous name too...

M

Mandy, VIC, Mum of Hayley Born 02.06.05

pick what you want - like someone else said in this "post" above me, you might end up regretting not naming your baby what you want to name her (if its a girl). and it isnt the end of the world - i persisted that my baby wasnt going to be born in feb because it would have been the first day of the month, now i think back and i say "WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING" i kept ringing the hospital to be induced a day early, and my reasoning was my partners cousine was born on the 1st of feb! BUT who cares?!?! so do what you want, and dont let every one else pick and choose, your the parents not any one else.

THEY will get over it!
GOODLUCK

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

I have a similar dilemma...

My cousin (whom I love, but very rarely see & who is only 12 years old) has the name Erin. It goes well with our surname and the middle name we've chosen (Fae), and is one of the very few names hubby & I both agree on!

I love all the names we're deciding between, but I think Erin is edging in to be my favourite.

We also thought of using Erinna/Erina instead, but I don't like it as much, I don't think..... ugh! I'm not sure! Good thing we've still got a while to make a decision! smile

Fiona, QLD, EDD 18/10/2005 (It''s a girl!)

Sign in to follow this topic