3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. a daddy that wanted the baby

a daddy that wanted the baby Rss

i am so sorry hun just added you to my msn

hope to chat soon

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Laura,

My heart goes out to you, I am not in the same situation as my man was so over the moon about me being pregnant, that we got married (was going to happen eventually anyway).

I can only say that I am here to chat if you want to. I hope he grows up soon, as a baby isn't like a car or a toy, that you can just put down or get rid of, because they cost money. I am wondering if this might of been the reason for his sudden role reversal.

Keep well & take care smile

Sydney, BJ born 28.01.05 CJ born 17.08.06

He's 23... he's probably scared to death about how grown up his life is suddenly getting and has reverted back to stupid-teenager mode. baby steps.. (pardon the pun!) I know it's unfair that YOU have to be the one to bring him round, aren't you doing enough (or EVERYTHING!!).

mumto3, Qld, 3, 2 & newborn

Hi Laura,
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. My partner and I are 23 as well, but my guy is a pretty mature 23 year old. My only advice is to look out for yourself and your new baby. You don't know if he will turn around and accept his role - you on the other hand, don't have a choice. Are you able to financially provide for yourself and the baby? If so, get out there and start buying baby things - it is so exciting! If not, ask him for the money, without expecting him to be a part of the experience. Is your Dad supportive of you and the pregnancy? The most important thing is that you and your baby have a stable home. Men never really grow up - hopefully, as your pregnancy progresses, he'll realise what he is missing out on, and decide to be a part of it.
I'll pray for you,
Miranda.
Hi laura
Im 22 and my son is 2 and ahalf yrs old, i live at home with my mum, im studying counselling from home and i have nothing from my sons father as he doesnt know abt him (i was 18 and had a one nite stand) . i know its not ideal but you can raise this baby on your own, you have the power to do that. and remember once the baby is born you can always get child support off him. i know its not much in the big scheme of things but im sure it could help. i hope everything goes well for you smile

shantel

shantel, 5yr old son, girl born on 29th july

Sign in to follow this topic