Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. patner raymond wants son raymond!! any suggestions how to talk him out of it??????

patner raymond wants son raymond!! any suggestions how to talk him out of it?????? Rss

my partner and i have had a very unexpected pregnancy and 1 of the tings that came more unexpected was when he sprong on me the name situation, we tend to agree on most things, but i just really don't like having a son and father, or mother and daughter with the same name. i appoligise to any parents out there who do but when naming your baby it comes down to personal taste and this is not one of mine.
ANY SUGGESTIONS LADIES ON HOW DO I SWINDLE A VERY STUBBORN PARTNER????????
use it as a middle name, or uses partners middle name , hope its a girl!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Point out how confusing it will be for everyone. My sister and I had the same intial growing up and that was confusing enough! You never know who's mail is who's. One of them will have to get a nickname anyway otherwise everytime you say "Raymond" they will have to say "which one?" Suggest it for a middle name, that way your grandchildren are more likely to end up with it and it becomes a traditional family name.

Natasha,toddler and newbie

Try to talk ot him about individuality, how you want your son to grow up to be the best individual he can, but how in most cases when theya re named after a parent they feel pressured to live upto the name/person, and may loose their individuality.

Im nto sure if thats even a legitimate reason lol, but something that could help smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

well my hubby wants the same thing his name is michael so i said the clostest i would go it mitchell its close enough without being michael it took him a while to het used to it but now he likes the idea try names that are close to raymond

Angel&Hope in heaven Makayla 29/12/03 &due 15/4/05

don't argue too much just yet, you've got months to work on him. Mine changed his mind totally by the end of the pg - he ended up suggesting a name that I had secretly loved!

And when it comes down to it, you are the one who will fill out the birth certificate form in hopsital... smile

mumto3, Qld, 3, 2 & newborn

Sign in to follow this topic