Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Middle name or not ? Rss

My Husband and I couldnt decide whether or not to give our little son Jayden a middle name. It didnt concern us too much anyway.

So he has ended up without one.

Although it may be a little tooo late .....any suggestions ?

Oh ! and by the way.. does Jayden sound like a girls name ???? !!!
I cant believe after saying my childs name is Jayden (over the phone to someone), that the person asked whether Jayden is a girl or a boy ?? Your thoughts anyone ??

8 month old

Jayden is a unisex name, my mates son's name is Jayden and he almost 4, his middle name is John after his grandfather, um i spose if you wanted him to have a middle name the best thing is to contact births deaths and marraiges and see what they say i dont see why you cant though as he is your child

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

We're not gonna do it.

Cant decide what goes with Jayden ??

8 month old

I wouldn't worry about it at all, my sister & father do not have a middle name.

As for the name of your son, I always assumed Jayden was a boy's name.
I am not sure about the middle name thing but we have friends who named their daughter Jaiden. So I guess it is going to be one of the unisex names like Jordan or Shannon.
Having said that I guess the lady on the phone probably hears so many different name what sex is the baby might just be a normal question to her. I guess its best not to assume in case you hurt someones feelings?
hi
my nephew is called jayden. i cant remember what his middle name is though. i would take jayden for a boys name. on the middle name front i think that it is a personal. my grandma and her siblings got to choose their own middle names when they were old enough but my grandma couldnt think of one she wanted so she does not have a middle name.
good luck

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

my 3 sons have middle names that mean some thing to us the eldes is brad richard, , richard after his grand father middle son is blake john. john aftre my mils little bothere who was killed at 2 yrs of age & no3 is ryan mika, mika, a finnish name we thought was easy to say, i was born in finland. i have heard of jaiden for a girl & jayden 4 a boy i have friends with a son jaylen i have always though it was more of a girly name

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Well,My husband and I don't have middle names so we decided not to give our son a middle name. We didn't see the point as we never missed out on anything and it just means filling in forms, paperwork etc is quicker as you don't take so long writing your full name. For us it's an ethnic thing I guess as no one in the family has a middle name except my nephew and nieces as my brother's wife has a middle name so she kept it going on that side of the family.
Each to their own I guess - just do what feels right.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

My son is Benjamin Aaron.....just because we liked the names. I wouldn't worry about whether he has a middle name. My niece wasn't given one and one day when she was about 8 she asked her parents why she didn't have one as the other kids kept asking her what her middle name was. They told her that she could pick whatever name she wanted so she did!!!

On the other hand my sister disliked the middle name that Mum gave her so much that she officially had it removed by depol.

Maybe it is better to give him the choice!!!

Regards,

Sooz, Sydney, Benjamin 1/5/04 & Keira 15/9/06

My daughter is rather well-endowed in the names stakes. She has 5 names all up,
Maya Grace Te Irirangi Marama Davis
Pluses - all of her names mean something special - Maya after Maya Angelou my fave poet, Grace because reminds me of my nana, Te Irirangi Marama picked by her father after his sister, and Davis, her dad's surname. Also, she can never say she has a 'boring' name!
Negatives - It doesn't fit on most forms, she always ends up being Maya Grace T I M Davis or just Maya Grace, also it is a long name for her to learn to spell, and it is confusing when people ask me what her middle name is.
I think naming is a personal choice, and the decision you make is so important to your child. I don't think not having a middle name is a bad thing - after all, how many people do yu know ho hate their middle names and never use them.
On the other hand, my partner is William Davis, and there is another William Davis living in the next suburb over, so he uses his middle name a lot for bills etc. so they don't get mixed up.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

one thingin favour of middle names my fils name is alfredbut has always been called richard his middle name, he didnt reaaly like alfred any way but the only problem with that when he has been in hospital all his records say alfred so thats waht the nusres call him, its a pain to tell every one the same thing over & over

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

my uncles proper name is mark and thats what his mum calls him and its like his formal name but everyone else calls him harry(which isnt even his midlle name) informally. i does get a bit confusing at times.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Sign in to follow this topic