Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. opinions please! - Aurora, nice or not

opinions please! - Aurora, nice or not Lock Rss

Hubby and I have revealed the sex so it's really important to us the name is a secret. I'm wondering what people think of the name Aurora for a baby girl? We both like it but without being able to get any opinions on it I'm wondering what others think. Is it too unusual in Australia? Too hard to spell or say?
I like it! It's uncommon without being weird.

I don't think its hard to say. You will probably get people unsure whether to pronounce it 'ah-roar-ah or
or-roar-ah, but you would get similar issues with a lot of names I would think.
I don't think its hard to spell either. But then my name is spelt exactly how it sounds and most people still spell it wrong...

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

It's a beautiful name.

Isnt it sleeping beauty's name (or one of the good fairies)???
Kdgirl wrote:
It's a beautiful name.

Isnt it sleeping beauty's name (or one of the good fairies)???

Certainly is Sleeping Beauty's name.

It's lovely. I like it.
Love it.
It's a sweet name.

In tassie it's the name of s power company though

Disney princess is the first thing that comes to mind. I don't mind it though. What about Aurelia?

I think it's beautiful! wub

I really like it. Its a beautiful name
I really like it, its one of our top 5 girl names...I also love that you can use rori for a nickname. Yup nice choice.

Thanks so much everyone!! That has really helped and It's awesome to know it's not to 'out there' or cheesy. We really like it, we're aware that it will probably be one that people love or hate but it has a nice meaning (the dawn) so we think it's cute and pretty for a baby or a grown woman. Thanks again! x
Yeah I also think it's a beautiful name. All the best on your upcoming delivery smile
Sign in to follow this topic