Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Name feedback?... Rss

Hi all,

I am due in a month or so, not sure if boy or girl but we are all good with our boys name.

We also think we have our girls name which we have liked for ages and has always been at the top of our very short list.

We don't generally talk names with our family and friends (although my brother and a couple of friends have heard us mention this one and like it), but I was interested on hearing more thoughts on the name Asher for a girl.

I know it is traditionally a boys name, and girls use Asha but I prefer the meaning, spelling/look, and pronunciation of Asher over Asha.

Thoughts? TIA
Hi,

My SIL was going to name their daughter Asha. They ended up using it for her middle name instead.

I think its a lovely name, either spelling is very pretty.

smile

I agree with you, I prefer Asher too. I've actually never heard it as a girls name but I like it.

hi,

i would suggest for either Asher or may be Aisher... (as you like it)... smile
I prefer Asha for a girl - I think it is softer. If I saw it written as Asher I would automatically think boy. BUT it's your child and your choice smile

Thanks for your replies ladies!
We do really love it and don't really have a close second favourite, so I am glad it's not considered too out there for a girl!
I think it's a great name for a girl, spelled either way. But in saying that we have picked Ryan for our second girl which is also normally a boys name.

I like the name Asha for a girl. I know a few girl's with the name Asha. I prefer it for a girl rather than a boy.
Ashar

tarstars wrote:
I prefer Asha for a girl - I think it is softer. If I saw it written as Asher I would automatically think boy. BUT it's your child and your choice smile

+1 - My thoughts as well, but it does all come down to your choice. Good luck choosing. smile
Thanks everyone.
I think we are going to stick with the er spelling. Although who knows what I could decide in the coming weeks! I will probably have second guessed all of this only to have a boy!
I know a lil girl Asher...super cute! I prefer it for a girl & prefer Ashton for a boy!? smile

Sign in to follow this topic