Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Please help me decide!!! Rss

Hi all,

I am 35 weeks pregnant with bub #2 and can't decide on a girls name! We already have a DS Riley William. We don't know what we're having but think we have a boy's name sorted. I'm the kind of person who likes to be organised and was hoping to have a girls name by now but I keep changing my mind! These are names that I love but can't have because they're used by close friends or family: Jasmine, Layla, Annabel, Amy.

Two names I'm considering are Holly & Heidi but do you think they are too close to my son's name Riley when said out loud??

Other options are:
Zoe Sophia
Alana Clare (nn Lani)

What do you think? Or any other suggestions welcome

TIA
You seem to have similar taste to what we were thinking of so my two other suggestions that we have chosen not to go with in the end are Delilah or Paige. I like either of your names and don't think they are to close to Riley.

I worked with a guy who had a DS Riley and their DD's name was Jasmine. HTH smile

Holly & Heidi while a little similar in some ways to Riley, I feel they aren't too similar, if you know what I mean. I do know a pair of siblings named Riley & Stephanie. Good luck choosing.
I like Holly and Zoe.

I also like Claire as a first name.
Thanks for your replies ladies! I really appreciate it. It has given me something to think about.

@Mel A - I looove Jasmine and is my top pick for a girl but as I mentioned it is the name of a family member so I don't feel right using it. We both have really large families and a lot of names I like are already taken sad

@rissy84 - Those are actually the two names we are leaning towards. Hubby really likes Zoe. Clare is my name so I wouldn't use it as a first name.

Thanks again. We'll probably end up having a boy anyway so all this stress for nothing!
ClareBear5 wrote:
Thanks for your replies ladies! I really appreciate it. It has given me something to think about.

@Mel A - I looove Jasmine and is my top pick for a girl but as I mentioned it is the name of a family member so I don't feel right using it. We both have really large families and a lot of names I like are already taken sad

@rissy84 - Those are actually the two names we are leaning towards. Hubby really likes Zoe. Clare is my name so I wouldn't use it as a first name.

Thanks again. We'll probably end up having a boy anyway so all this stress for nothing!

Oops sorry I see now that you did say that so my post was absolutely no help to you at all. We had the same problem when naming our son in February. Most of the names I loved were already taken by family or close friends. We did not decide his name until the night before he was born.

What about Lainey? It's similar to lani...
Lainey is cute but I don't think I'd use it as a full name. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Appreciate it smile
If I have a girl her name will be Lani Jasmine wub so obviously my vote is for Alana? wink
I also love Leilani & Kalani! Or Alexis nn Lexi! Lily Clare comes to mind too? Good luck deciding! smile

Alanis is similar.

Alana Clare gets my vote. smile

You could just use Lani Clare.

Mariah Clare?

i think Holly is lovely and definitely not too close to your son's name at all imo. Holly is such a pretty name.

Zoe and Alana would be my next pick

Heidi is nice, but prob least fav of your names smile
Sign in to follow this topic