Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Girl names Rss

We already have a beautiful daughter Sienna Rose, and we will be blessed with another gorgeous girl. I thought girl names would be easier than boys but we are struggling. We do have some girl names we really like but I'm concerned it's too similar to either Sienna or my niece's name which is Alena. Hubby is italian and I have south american background so I'm looking for name that can be said in english and spanish. The names we like are : Mila and Milena, but I'd have to say I love Milena and hubby likes it too, but he's worried it sounds too much like our niece's name Alena, and we don't want to cause problems. Personally I wouldn't care if family or friends used similar names as mine I would take it as a compliment, but I don't think my sister-in-law feels that way.

Would love your opinion mummies or any other suggestions? Thank you.
We have a dd named Sienna also. Our other dds are named Tiarna, Janiya and Alexiya. We kept to a theme of ending with an 'a' as we think it sounds very girly. I didn't want my girls having names similar to family members either, and luckily we don't have a big family so that wasn't a problem.
Names I think sound good with Sienna :
Mila
Amelia
Isla
Aila/ Ayla

what about something similar to milena,

like Malaya?
I love Milena or something similar like Melissa, Melaina, Melody and Melanie
I also like Amberlee, Imani, Layla, Lauren, Dayna, Beth, Emily,
I think if you like Milena, then stick with it regardless of being similar to Alena.
Milena Renee sounds pretty IMO
I hope you find something you love smile

Milena is beautiful. I think stick with it. It might have a similar sound but it's not the same name and they won't be sisters.
My dd is Lilah and my niece is Shilah. It honestly never occurred to me how similar they are until my mum told me that Shilah called herself Lilah as toddler.

Another idea is Sofia which a friend and her Colombian husband just named their newborn, which I think is a beautiful name too.

How about about Adele?
We're using Sofia as a middle name. As it stands our choices are between
1. Mila
2. Emelia
3. Alessia
4. Annalisa

We decided to drop Milena to avoid problems with SIL. Which of these names do you prefer?
Out of those names I think Mila Sofia sounds the nicest smile

Mila Sofia out of those 4 choices smile
i personally think that Alessia Sofia is something different yet nice as you ask... wink else obviously its your baby girl you can keep any name but please do tell the finalized name... smile
I personally think ending both names in an "a" sound makes it a little weird. Lots of the names from our list had "a" endings for my dd but we ended up going with an a sound to the end of the first name and a different sounding name for the middle name (like you did with sienna). So personally from your list I would change annalisa to Annalise if you have Sofia as the middle name. Annalise Sofia flows much better in my mind at least than Annalisa Sofia or Mila Sofia or whatever from your list...

But that's just my personal opinion... smile
Supermummy wrote:
I personally think ending both names in an "a" sound makes it a little weird. Lots of the names from our list had "a" endings for my dd but we ended up going with an a sound to the end of the first name and a different sounding name for the middle name (like you did with sienna). So personally from your list I would change annalisa to Annalise if you have Sofia as the middle name. Annalise Sofia flows much better in my mind at least than Annalisa Sofia or Mila Sofia or whatever from your list...

But that's just my personal opinion... smile

We had the same problem naming dd with her surname, it needed to end in a vowel sound to work. Yeah I don't think some of the names work with Sofia although it all depends on the last name too (I reckon more so) However, I actually think in this case Annalisa Sofia works because of the number of syllables and where the accents go etc

So that would be my pick Annalisa Sofia.
smile

Sign in to follow this topic