Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. One syllable boys names!!!!!!!!

One syllable boys names!!!!!!!! Rss

My husband and I are REALLY struggling to find a name for our second son, to the point of loosing sleep!!!.. All the great names are taken by friends and families.

We have both agreed we are now looking for a one syllable boys name to go with older brother Flynn.. I really like Ollie or Olly but I know it’s a nickname for Olivier (which I don’t want) and not sure it’s suitable for when he grows up.

Do you have any suggestions on some different one syllable boy names (nothing like Jack, Max, Beau etc.)

Thanks sooooo much for your help I really appreciate it smile and sorry for all the name posts!!!
You haven't mentioned Josh which I quite like... I also know a Shane but that's not my personal cup of tea.
Some biblical ones (if your interested are John, Mark, Luke)

It all comes down to personal taste I guess. We having trouble with names to. We have a boys name we really like but had trouble for a girl. Have gone back to a name we thought about using previously but then didn't. Good luck
Dane is my sons name
Braith will be this bubba if its a boy

I also like Tate & Nate

I really like Joel.

Other ideas
Zane
Lee
Ray
Paul
Hugh
Dean
Todd
Taj
Cole
Heath
Vaugh
Flynn and Taine sounds nice...
Taine is a Gaelic name - meaning River/Stream
Could also be spelt Tayne

Others I like are Bax, Nate, Zac, Chase, Trent, Gene, Sam, Quade, Blane, Jade, Blake, Kurt,
But I really like Ollie as well and I don't think people will assume it is short for Oliver. I know an adult named Ollie and he's never had issues with it.
Taj?
I have a Sam, Shaun & Daniel. I love Sam- not short for Samuel
I love taine what about jaben
Jet
Jay
Jai
Rhett
Brax
Nate

Jude, Jax, Zayde, Zayne
T_Girl wrote:
My husband and I are REALLY struggling to find a name for our second son, to the point of loosing sleep!!!.. All the great names are taken by friends and families.

We have both agreed we are now looking for a one syllable boys name to go with older brother Flynn.. I really like Ollie or Olly but I know it’s a nickname for Olivier (which I don’t want) and not sure it’s suitable for when he grows up.

Do you have any suggestions on some different one syllable boy names (nothing like Jack, Max, Beau etc.)

Thanks sooooo much for your help I really appreciate it smile and sorry for all the name posts!!!

I know someone who has a son called Ollie( not shortened ).If you like it then go with it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Agree with vkw, if you like ollie go for it. I think it works well on its own and like it better than oliver for an adult.

The only other name I can think of not already suggested is Rafe.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this topic