Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Hubby prefers common names. Which would you choose?

Hubby prefers common names. Which would you choose? Lock Rss

Hubby frustrates me! The only names we can agree on (although all are common) are:

Lillian
Ella
Sophie
Charlotte
Matilda

Two others that hubby said are ok and that I love are:

Makenna
Ashlynn

PLEASE HELP! He keeps saying we have plenty of time but our last daughter had no name for a day due to this issue and we'd been talking names since before she was a twinkle.
If we have a boy, he'll already have a name (common of course) hubby chose it and said hands off!

WHICH GIRLS NAME WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Thanks smile

Hubby frustrates me! The only names we can agree on (although all are common) are:

Lillian
Ella
Sophie
Charlotte
Matilda

Makenna
Ashlynn

PLEASE HELP! He keeps saying we have plenty of time but our last daughter had no name for a day due to this issue and we'd been talking names since before she was a twinkle.
If we have a boy, he'll already have a name (common of course) hubby chose it and said hands off!

I feel your pain hun, my DH was super fussy about names too and only likes very common names. Our "agree with" lists only had one boys name and four girls names (my lists were huge! DH hated all of them, grrrr) roll eyes

From your list I like Sophie the best, but I have a thing about girl names with an "ee" sound at the end smile
I have a Matilda and my 2nd DD's middle name is Charlotte so it's easy for me to pick favourites from your list! Other than those, I also like Ella.

Hi, I don't think Matilda is common - I do love your hubby's pics though and although they are common I guess, they are beautiful all the same.
As I said, I don't think Matilda is widely used - certainly not up there in the list of popular names... I don't know any...
What about Matilda Ashlynn?? Good luck!

I really like Matilda ashlynn and its def not common Matilda itsnt s common name I work in after care and childcare and I haven't looked after a Matilda recently. U might be on to something there.
My fav would have to be Makenna. The ones your DH picked are nice aswell.

Firstly I know where your coming from, my partner only likes common names. We don't know what we are having, but considering there is so many boys in his family its hard to find a common name not already used.
But I agree Matilda isn't that common and I think its really cute. I must admit I think of Heath Ledgers little girl when I hear it. My second pick off your list would be Charlotte or Ella.
They are all nice names smile Though to popular for me.
I like Ashlyn the best.
Goodluck
I would chose Makenna. smile

Lillian
Ella
Sophie
Charlotte
Matilda

Makenna
Ashlynn

Ella, Matilda and Lillian. smile

I have 2 girls, Isabel and Emily and if we have another would like to name her Matilda..
Good luck deciding. It's so hard! smile
I love all the names on your list except Makenna.

But my top pick would be

Ashlyn - with one 'n'.
I like Lillian. The only person I know with that name is my great granmother and for that reason if I have a girl her name will be Lillian Violet. Violet was my partners Great Aunts name.

I would use Charlotte or Sophie from your list smile.

Sign in to follow this topic