Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Rhymes? Thoughts?? Lock Rss

Hi! Matilda is a family name for me and Lily is a family name for hubby. We have a few other names we like but none o these others have family significance. Obviously we don't know the bubs gender yet.

Matilda Lily is gorgeous - BUT... If she ends up being nicknamed Tilly, she'll be Tilly Lily...

We're not too keen on that!!! Help! Thanks smile
I think Matilda Lily is beautiful!

If she is nicknamed Tilly, also beautiful, ppl won't necessarily use both names or even know her middle name except for maybe family. If you really like it I think it shouldn't be a huge issue.

I think Matilda Lily is beautiful!

If she is nicknamed Tilly, also beautiful, ppl won't necessarily use both names or even know her middle name except for maybe family. If you really like it I think it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Totally agree with all this! I have a Matilda and the names she is called are Tilda, Tildy, Tilds, and Tildy Wildy by her young friends!
Na it will be all good....love Matilda Lily

my DD2 is a Breanna Leigh.....we loved the name Bree but didn't want to name her Bree Leigh due to rhyming (Leigh is a family name we decided to use as her MN so there was no changing that). So we decided to go for Breanna to make the name flow better. She gets called Bree mostly, but also Breanna and Breanna Leigh (when naughty!) But also on the odd occasions my DH uses Bree Leigh as a NN, which I think is cute smile

Anyway, I reckon if you love the name, then use it (if you have a DH like mine, it can be hard to agree sometimes!!!) and you never know Tilly Lily might end up being a cute NN for her.
Sign in to follow this topic