Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Girls names Rss

I'm due to have my first baby on 6th Nov. I'm having a girl and am really stuck for a name. I like Shaynae but would like to hear all suggestions please. Her middle name will probably be Lea after me so any name to match that would be appreciated. It's so hard picking a name.
Thanks for your help.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

i like cassidy, lily.lara, lana

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Jenni,
If you are stuck on choosing a girl name, go on to the site www.babynames.com
you can chose to search by letter, ending with etc.

i went on there, and looked for S
what about these ones:
NAME - ORIGIN - MEANS
SACHI - japanese girl child of bliss
SAKINA - hindi friend
SEANNA - gaelic God is gracious
SHANAE -comes from shana god is gracious-hebrew
SHANTELL - african american - song
SHARLA - french - little and womanly
SHAYLEE - gaelic - fairy princess of the field
SIAN - welsh - gods gracious gift

there are some suggestions, you can get ones that are rare..
i like the sound of this one: SHARLA LEA
any way that site is worth looking at.

Hi Jennie,
Thankyou for your reply and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I looked on the site. It's so hard to find a name. Shanaye is my favourite at the moment. Thanks again.

I love the Name Makkedde or you can spell it Makedde. Its pronounced may-kay-dee and means beautiful. It sounds Great as Makedde Lea. I might use lea after it for my bub as i plan to call her Makkedde. (Presuming shes a girl)
Hope that helps,
Take Care
Hi

My favourite girls name besides my daughter (Madison) would be Paris. Good luck

Jodie, Qld. Madison (09/09/00), Ashton (22/01/04)

Hi,

The 4 favorite names i chose for my little girl were

Tahlia Lee (which she is named after a lot of deciding!)
Shea Lea (prononced Shay)
Peta-Lea
Kiara Lee

Feel free to use any of them as you please smile

Kellie
Firstly I will say is dont go out buying girls things! I had a baby in dec and the right through my little bunndle was a girl and was named Tamika (prononced how its spelt) after 12 hours of labour waiting for our girl the nurse and doctor handed me my babe without checking because to them it was a girl after about 30 minutes (after the poor thing gettting help with breathing) I unwrapped my bub to get skin to skin and found a little surprise it was a boy! The nurse and doctor were very embarrassed in fact I did not see the doctor again! So keep that in mind when your looking at all that pink stuff and also have a boys name as well just in case! Luckely we did! Names I love are Tamika and Angel and Tayla.

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Jenni-lea

Our girls names are Rivalee Rose & Madison Paige.

The other girls names we had picked were
Takira
Summer
Skye
Storm
Tahlia
Xanthe

Just a few more to consider, good luck i loved picking there names.

Jodi

I saw Summer spelt Sumah the other day. I thought it was very pretty......
Hi all,

Thankyou for all your suggestions. They are all great names. It's so hard to decide. So far my favourite is Shanaye although i get mixed reactions about it.

Meli, you really have me worried. I have bought alot of pink and have gotten used to the idea that i'm having a girl. 6 weeks to go and then i'll know. What a shock that would've been to you.

Thanks again.

Jenni.

Sorry Jenni,
I didnt want to scare you but to just warn you, the nurses at the hospital said it was strange that it happened though as it usally the other way around being told its a boy and having a girl.
So dont stress, I havnt heard it happen to anyone else, yet!
Shanaya is a beutiful name and if you have stuck with it this long it's definantly the name for your girl!
You look after yourself and relax,
meli
P.S my little boy -the biggest shock in my life and the best twenty first story ever! The poor thing!

Mummy to 3 Boys

Sign in to follow this topic