Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How would you spell it??? Rss

My baby girl is due on or around the 6th Nov 2004. This is my first baby. I've decided to call her ''SHAYNAE''. I'm not sure how i should spell it. Any suggestions? I'm also stuck for a middle name. My middle name is ''Lea'' but i'm not sure if they go together. ''SHAYNAE LEA". Chelby is my sister and also asked for names starting with S or Sh for me. Thank you to all those who offered suggestions. The meaning of ''Shaynae'' is beautiful one from the fairy palace. I liked it as soon as i saw it and i've never heard of it before. My second choice of spelling is Shanay. What do you think???

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

I like the second spelling. It is phonetically correct and more likely to be the guess for those who are unfamiliar with this name. A friend of ours has named her little girl this - she's now 7 or 8 - and spelt it Shenae. I think that the whole name overall is important. The linking of the first and surnames is the most important. Does it go with your surname? It is a pretty name, though - good luck with your choice.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Nyrrek,

Thankyou for your reply. My surname is Reid so i won't have too many problems matching it with a name. I originally liked Charise but i don't think it matches my surname. I want her name to be unusual. Thanks for your help.

I also like the second spelling, maybe even Shanaye?

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

more to the point how is it said?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Emmy-lou,

Thankyou for your suggestion of Shanaye. I really like that spelling and i have never seen it before. That is my favourite and will probably be how i spell it. Thanks again.

a person in wolseley called her girls shanay and her sister shitay (shan-ay and Sh-i-tay) and their sister was sharleesha and their mum sharron, brother steven and dad gary.. LOL

but you can spell it

shanaye, shanai, shaneye, shenaye, shaneii

dunno thats all i can think of for now.

a girl at school was called shae

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

i like the name you've chosen ... but how about sharday? i think that's a beautiful name too!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic